• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should put the company that you worked for on your work history and probably even your resume, just because it's better than having a gap for three months. I wouldn't tell an interviewer that you left because of low pay an union issues, since most companies have low pay and union issues. You're better off saying you had a tramatic life experience (kid ill, wife/mother died, divorce, dog died, et cetera) that you are over now. Knowing what you know now you would have went the the head of training a Crappy Regional A and asked for some time off, rather than keeping it inside and letting it affect your training. You are a much more mature person now, with more life experience and integrity. That should get you past that portion of the interview, but you had better practice, because it will come up. Good luck.

You're better off saying you had a tramatic life experience (kid ill, wife/mother died, divorce, dog died, et cetera) that you are over now. Knowing what you know now you would have went the the head of training a Crappy Regional A and asked for some time off, rather than keeping it inside and letting it affect your training. You are a much more mature person now, with more life experience and integrity.

AWESOME! I have to remember that one.

Or you could be honest and say that you weren't cutting it. They gave you the oppurtunity to resign and you took it. You then went back to work on the basics and now believe yourself a better person from the experience.

Last edited:
I dunno...I left Pinnacle on day 3 of sim...I had another offer and have been at my current gig 1.5 years.

It is always best to have something lined up before telling a company you don't want to work for them. Quite simply, I left PCL because their 2nd year pay was too low for my needs and I was not impressed with how they conducted their training program. I felt they were disorganized and unprofessional.

Oh yeah, I left a company that had spent tens of thousands of $$$ training me because my dog died. Yeah, that would make me a very desirable employee...NOT

If you dont put it on the application then they won't know about it but may ask you why you had a gap in employment. You can always say you work for cash as a waiter or something. PRIA is composed of three different parts.

1) FAA Records (Certificates, Medical, and Violations)

2) Driving Record (DUI, Suspended License)

3) Former Part 121 and 135 Companies you worked for
(training records, drug tests, and comments made on your lesson by the instructor)

If you don't mention the 121 carrier, there is no way for the new airline to know you had training there or worked there so they can't send a PRIA request to that airline.

I recently finished ground and CRJ sim training with a regional, and recieved over 25hrs in a D level sim. I pulled out before the checkride because the company was at the low end of the pay scale and has not made progress with the pilots union. My question is should I state my jet training in an interview if asked about any. I have not logged any in my log book to be save. Any help would be great.

Yeah....right...."I pulled out"..."I decided it wasn't for me"..."I got let go because of my sim partner"..blah blah blah

Let me guess- you expected the company to go from the low end of the pay scale to at least average during the three months your were in training?

HAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah, I left a company that had spent tens of thousands of $$$ training me because my dog died. Yeah, that would make me a very desirable employee...NOT

It was a joke. I was under the impression that a reasonable person would be able to distinguish the difference between your wife dieing and your dog dieing. I guess I was wrong.

Or you could be honest and say that you weren't cutting it. They gave you the oppurtunity to resign and you took it. You then went back to work on the basics and now believe yourself a better person from the experience.

That's exactly what I just said, but I told a story. When you're asked you had better have a story to tell, otherwise it might not fly (this depends on exactly how desperate the interviewing company is).

I recently finished ground and CRJ sim training with a regional, and recieved over 25hrs in a D level sim. I pulled out before the checkride because the company was at the low end of the pay scale and has not made progress with the pilots union. My question is should I state my jet training in an interview if asked about any. I have not logged any in my log book to be save. Any help would be great.

you might want to get some more time because at 1100 hours you are only meeting the mins of the "low end" regional carriers anyway. Sounds like you washed out at any rate.

Latest resources

Back