• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you dont put it on the application then they won't know about it but may ask you why you had a gap in employment. You can always say you work for cash as a waiter or something. PRIA is composed of three different parts.

1) FAA Records (Certificates, Medical, and Violations)

2) Driving Record (DUI, Suspended License)

3) Former Part 121 and 135 Companies you worked for
(training records, drug tests, and comments made on your lesson by the instructor)

If you don't mention the 121 carrier, there is no way for the new airline to know you had training there or worked there so they can't send a PRIA request to that airline.

Aren't companies still required to complete a 5 or 10 year security background check? They attempt to verify everywhere you lived and worked? Like vener said, you will have a gap to exlplain.

The worst thing you can do is lie about attending the training. If they find out you are done.

As it stands, it appears that you either washed out or decided to walk away from a company after they shelled out for all your training. No future company is going to look kindly on either of those without a good story.

Last edited:
I just think it's funny how a bunch of these guys quit because the pay isn't as good as they wanted it. Well didn't you guys know what they were paying before you signed up? Of course you did! If you didn't like it, why start the class and take away a spot for someone who really wanted to be there and could have finished the training? I guess you have to tell yourself whatever it takes to make yourself feel better!?!?!

Its the kind of thinking and understanding of FEAR that Bertgineer has that all pilots work under. No other profession could get away with the treatment that airlines give to its pilots. You guys talk about gap in employment, work histroy, sim problems etc. Wake-up, pilots make no money anywhere for years and keep their lives so clean for the chance to fly for a company that may or may not be alive at that time. Add up your hours, worry about what sim instructors say etc. but I all comes down to you. The airlines are running out of people to fit the mold. Ask yourself why, better flying jobs? More money? Whatever! The guy Veneratic said it best. Airlines are not God don't treat them that way.

Its the kind of thinking and understanding of FEAR that Bertgineer has that all pilots work under. No other profession could get away with the treatment that airlines give to its pilots. You guys talk about gap in employment, work histroy, sim problems etc. Wake-up, pilots make no money anywhere for years and keep their lives so clean for the chance to fly for a company that may or may not be alive at that time. Add up your hours, worry about what sim instructors say etc. but I all comes down to you. The airlines are running out of people to fit the mold. Ask yourself why, better flying jobs? More money? Whatever! The guy Veneratic said it best. Airlines are not God don't treat them that way.

I agree with you whole heartedly; however, change "the airlines are running out of people to fit the mold" to the airlines are running out of highly qualified people.

There is NO shortage of 500-1500 hour pilots in the USA or world wide, nor will there ever be.

you might want to get some more time because at 1100 hours you are only meeting the mins of the "low end" regional carriers anyway. Sounds like you washed out at any rate.

So who exactly is a high end regional carrier?? Who is requiring 1200 or 1500 hours as hiring mins these days?

Expresssjet, horizon, and AWAC is all 1000tt. Actually I think XJT is looking for less, 600 last i heard. I am not saying its a good thing, but I want to know what great regionals are out there.

Some carriers don't employ you till you pass your check ride. Were you ever legally employed? If not, then there is nothing to report, you just wasted everyones time and money, including your own....

At the same time, it shows a lack of judgement that after a few weeks this employer or job wasn't right for you. You are repsonsbile for your own expectations....

Why should another carrier take a chance on you? I suggest Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts for tonights movie.....

Rezfully yours....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back