CRJ PAX Comfort, Not!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa73 said:
I know Eagle does LGA-XNA (NW Regional, Ark.), that's right around 3hrs... United Express and XJET do IAD-IAH, a little over 3... who comes up with these route pairings in an RJ??

Eagle also does XNA-LAX, DFW-SBA, and DFW-NAS, and soon we're starting ORD-NAS, PNS, JAX, and COS, all with the CR7.

A long time to spend in an RJ? Yes, but the markets are driven by the forecast loads. For a new market, it might not make sense to have a MD-80 on the route right away. Those "long, thin" routes might be profitable only with a sub-100 seat aircraft.

The passengers are clueless about what kind of plane they're on. I was boarding an MD-80 as a passenger a while back, and the woman in front of me sighed and said, "Oh, I didn't realize this flight was an RJ!".
I wish I could have taped it...

Our last few CRJ-900' are going to be CRJ-950's. More fuel and a higher GTOW.

Rumor is 5 hours plus reserve fuel. Some regional jet.

And the pilot seats arent that comfortable either. My arse hurts after a hour and a half.

I am going to apply for an STC to put 1900 pilot seats in the CRJ.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
The customers. 3 hours in an RJ sure beats 4 hours in an RJ with a 1 hour break to catch your connection.
Yeh, yer right, customers decided the a/c they ride on.

I flew on regional jets 21 times last year, and the 5 times i didnt the 737s I got made me realize how much I really hate RJ's. Heres my take on the different RJs:The ERJ- has the narrow 120 body, large windows, seats are small though, overhead bin room has a lot to be desired, but it has a large lav. CRJ 200- low windows suck, seats are more comfy though, feels like a roomier aircraft. CRJ 700- hated this the most (ASA's in peticular), windows are higher but moved forward 6 inches to, I'd take lower over having to lean over any day, the seats are more uncomfortable that the 200/ERJ, i feel like im even more trapped due to the floor lowering so its taller and narrower, AE's feel better but not by much. CRJ 900- nice, better than the CRJ 700, windows seem larger, I was in 1A and had 1A and B to myself aus-phx so there really wasnt a lot to complain about.

Me? I hate riding on them, but I really love them. The boss is going to take one to Las Vegas this weekend. Man I love when that happens. I consider it "job security"

'Sled

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back