CRJ PAX Comfort, Not!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I.P. Freley said:
Blaming the customer is never the answer... it's not THEIR fault that they need eyeballs in their elbows to see out of a CRJ window!

IP your a funny Guy...made think of an CRJ invention...2 sided lap mirror so you can see outside without breaking your neck or running the seat belt up to your chest!

Just think of the gazilions we will make, of course these come at a cost of on $5 dollars, exact change please!

Sure, just offer them to everyone just like you'd offer headphones on other airplanes. Just make sure that mirror is not compatible with an iPod so there's no point in stealing 'em!

the floor was raised some 6 inches from the challenger jet to accomodate the avionics racks and other 121 gear. in the CRJ-700/900 it was lowered two inches, and the windows are taller.

CRJ-ERJ:what an absolute terrible aircraft for passengers. Like the necktie, who ever invented them should be shot or at least have to use their wretched product daily. Too bad they are all the rage now a days and paying customers are being swindled by paying money for what they think is a full size a/c but get a mini sized nightmare. If they must be utilized they should be on 1 to 1 1/2 hour max flights. But as most of us do we won't complain and we'll suck on it until we have too much booze and let it come out in inappropriate times. And just a suggestion (if you have control of it) lay off the "...thanks for flying with us, just sit back and relax and enjoy your flight" gig because I can assure no one in back is even close to happy. Just my two cents...just flew a 3 hour leg in the rj and now all I want to do is kick small dogs and curse at elderly women.

blingair said:
And just a suggestion (if you have control of it) lay off the "...thanks for flying with us, just sit back and relax and enjoy your flight" gig because I can assure no one in back is even close to happy. Just my two cents...just flew a 3 hour leg in the rj and now all I want to do is kick small dogs and curse at elderly women.

Good God. Three hours in an RJ? What were the city pairs?

Nothing beats the comfort of a D-328 jet (regional jets speaking, and some "bigger" ones). People loved them, except for the fact that they are "small", some may even say ugly. But what a comfortable plane to be in. We used to get compliments on it all the time.

kevdog said:
How many do you have over at Mesa? Only flown for America West or what?

I believe we are up to 31 900s now. We just took delivery of N933LR last week, and yes they are only flown in the HP system.

As a passenger, I'd rank the planes I've flown on like this in terms of comfort (all in coach of course):

ERJ
CRJ
MD80
A320
L1011

I don't see what the big deal about riding 3 hours in an RJ is from a passenger perspective....it's gonna be rough no matter what you're in on flights that long. I deadhead a lot and getting the middle seat on a full 737 makes any seat on a CRJ or ERJ feel like a lazy boy. I understand why it's distasteful from a pilot's perspective to have low-paying aircraft on long flights, but I really don't understand what the big comfort issue is on an RJ, and this is coming from a rather large fellow. I guess the lack of overhead bin space and lack of in-flight entertainment is annoying, but if you're that gung-ho just bring a book, a laptop, or a CD player and you should manage to stay occupied. The left side of the ERJ has got to be the most comfortable seat you can have in coach of a completely full jet airliner. You get an aisle and a window.

As a passenger, I'd rank the planes I've flown on like this in terms of comfort (all in coach of course):

ERJ
CRJ
MD80
A320
L1011

Great first choice :D , but you lose me after that. I've ridden in an ERJ exactly once. That would be one time too many. Upon exiting the aircraft I found that my body had conformed to the curvature of the fuselage while sitting at the window seat. I walked around the rest of the day looking like a human version of the letter " C ". Later in the day, while still trying to regain my hearing and shaking my head in bewilderment at turbojet pilots who wear David Clark headsets I managed to ask the guy I was flying with what he thought of his ride. I'm not sure what he said exactly, as I was still partially deaf, but it was something about he would prefer to be with Kevdog every other Sunday than ride on an ERJ ever again :D .

TP

Are you 7 feet tall? Sure there's a litte bit of curvature at the window seats but I don't even notice it once I sit down. Sure it's loud up front because of the Brasiliaesque windshield, but again, not that bad in the back.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back