CRJ PAX Comfort, Not!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What?

My ERJ is better than your doggy CRJ. I heard CRJ-200s have to climb a couple hundred feed above the assigned altitude and then decend to speed up?????Is that true, Are they the same engines as on the Challenger??????

Geeze....at the risk of sounding like an old geezer....

You want to complain...try being crammed into a Shorts 330/360 (The Irish Concord) on a 95 degree day with a 29" seat pitch and lot's of thunderboomers to provide a comfortably stable ride at 8000'.....of course....no air conditioning.

People will whine about anything....next it will be that there's not enough room in their Hummer and the roads are too small!:rolleyes:

After commuting for a few years on the both the RJ and ERJ....I'll take either one over a Boeing narrowbody. Less people to deal with....and just as much room, if not more so than a 73 seat.

I rode on my old airplane last month...Dash 8....and I found myself pretty critical of the experience from a pax standpoint.

I rode in the back of a Beech 1900D the other day. That was friggin awesome. Turboprops rule. Problem was, I was the only one smiling! The CRJ is a lot more comfortable than most people lead you to believe. People WILL complain about anything, especially the middle-aged business man and his trophy wife.

405 said:
Good God. Three hours in an RJ? What were the city pairs?

I talked to an XJET crew the other day. Beat this: IAH-BOI in a 145XR!!! We were doing DFW-SEA that day and it took us 4:10, must have taken them just shy of 4 hrs to get to BOI - in an RJ!

I know Eagle does LGA-XNA (NW Regional, Ark.), that's right around 3hrs... United Express and XJET do IAD-IAH, a little over 3... who comes up with these route pairings in an RJ??

aa73 said:
I talked to an XJET crew the other day. Beat this: IAH-BOI in a 145XR!!! We were doing DFW-SEA that day and it took us 4:10, must have taken them just shy of 4 hrs to get to BOI - in an RJ!

I know Eagle does LGA-XNA (NW Regional, Ark.), that's right around 3hrs... United Express and XJET do IAD-IAH, a little over 3... who comes up with these route pairings in an RJ??

The customers. 3 hours in an RJ sure beats 4 hours in an RJ with a 1 hour break to catch your connection.

AUS-SFO at Mesa. Did that one many times. Also DEN-RDU. Both are close to 4 hours. SUUUUUXXXXX!!

CRJ's are JUNK. I hated them. The 700 and 900 at least has some decent performance, but you can't take off in one without at least one thing going wrong.

CapnVegetto said:
CRJ's are JUNK. I hated them. The 700 and 900 at least has some decent performance, but you can't take off in one without at least one thing going wrong.

Sounds to me like that's a MX issue at your company.

I have 3000+ hrs in CRJs, most serious problem I've ever had was a generator tripping offline about 3yrs ago.

It's an EXTREMELY reliable airplane (when properly maintained)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back