CRJ PAX Comfort, Not!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

This has probably been discussed before...But riding in the back of a CRJ200 really sssssssucks! ESPECIALLY ON A 2 HOUR FLIGHT! If you over the hefty weight of 140 lbs and stand taller than 5' 4" your in for a meserable flight when the aircraft is packed full....
Who in the heck in their right minds design the windows so low..I mean they are below my shoulders! the only view was down....I thought my neck was broke when I got off the airplane...
I dont know, But this is not flying anymore, at least to me, I think I would rather drive the 800 miles in the future than ride in the back of an CRJ.....

At least In the ERJ the windows are alot higher and useful! the seats dont seem so tight either....These aircraft should not be on trips longer than an hour INMO...

Last edited:
does it get any better in a CRJ700 or CRJ900?

I've been told that the windows were indeed moved up on the 700/900's but I've never been on one so I don't know that for fact. I've also been told that the new 200's have seats that sit lower to the floor effectively "raising" the window - although I don't know that that is true either.

As far as the orignal post - I agree - CRJ's were not built for comfort. Actually none of the "RJ's" are all that comfortable but until the American public is willing to pay an airline price(and not a Greyhound price) for an airline ticket and/or they are willing to accept the fact that there will be only 2 flights a day instead of 5 out of their city then we're stuck with RJ's.

CL

CL600Pilot said:
As far as the orignal post - I agree - CRJ's were not built for comfort. Actually none of the "RJ's" are all that comfortable but until the American public is willing to pay an airline price(and not a Greyhound price) for an airline ticket and/or they are willing to accept the fact that there will be only 2 flights a day instead of 5 out of their city then we're stuck with RJ's.

CL

Are these the same people that probably complain about airport delays and how long it takes to take off, while being cramped in these little airplanes? Then they add, at least this is a jet!

Last edited:
yeah, the low windows are a big problem, to me anyway. I stand 6' 3" and when sitting, my elbows have a great view, I however, have to just shut my eyes b/c trying to crane my neck and eyes to see out the windows just give me a headache.

The windows on the CRJ were a design flaw that Bombardier dropped the ball on while they were creating the CRJ-100 out of the Challenger. In order to get the aircraft 121 certified, they had to raise the floor by 2" to accomodate all our fancy crap underfloor. Did they raise the windows? Nope...who cares they knew it was going to be uncomfortable anyway. But would the passengers rather ride on something with propellers or something with no apparent moving parts? You tell me.

The CRJ-700/900 solve the problem quite well. The windows are substantially higher. I'm not saying that either aircraft is as comfortable as a 737 even, but the newer CRJs are much more comfortable to ride in than the 200 with slightly bigger overheads and better seat designs.

I say quit complaining about your favorite route being invaded by a CRJ. Why didn't you do something about it when you had the chance?

bitememesa said:
I say quit complaining about your favorite route being invaded by a CRJ. Why didn't you do something about it when you had the chance?

Which airline(s) flies the beautiful -900?

How many do you have over at Mesa? Only flown for America West or what?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back