CRJ or ERJ - which one do you prefer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, thats got to hurt!

Russ, you just pulling everybody's leg, or serious?

I am just amazed there are not more people falling or slipping down those airstairs on the CRJs I have been on...the things are steep and narrow. Certainly not easy to carry a bag up the stairs and you along with it.

I have to admit I've slid down those stairs a time or two. It really looks great when your the one in uniform expected to fly the airplane. It should be a part of IOE: learning how to go up and down stairs without falling.

Skywest,

I have not flown in the CRJ's yet, but will in about a month with QX. Are the -700's the same story?

I can't say much about the -700. SkyWest doesn't have any but from what I do know, the
-700 is a real hot rod compared to the -200. The -700 has some engine problems recently that hopefully will get resolved soon. Interestingly though I asked two Horizon pilots I've had jumpseating on us what they thought of the -700. Both of them said they didn't like it "because it always breaks". They both came from the F-28, a very non-computerized airplane and maybe their perspective is different than former -200 pilots who fly it. Ask ASA or Comair pilots.

Thanks guys!

I really do like how the -700 looks! Can't image why you wouldn't like the -700 over the F28? But I guess it gets annoying when it breaks!

-700 is just a new airplane, and the mechanicals are more of the pilots issues than the airplanes. Now that we know how to fix the glitches (like shutting down the aircraft and "rebooting") there are very few mechanical issues. 99% are computer related. Rumor was that Bombardier toyed with the idea of including a "ctrl-alt-del" button which rebooted all of the computers on the aircraft, but for some reason it never came to be. Woulda saved a lot of trouble. Especially with Horizon being the launch customer, they were the ones who had to figure it all out. Besides, the mechanical situations are mostly either nusiance messages, or a situation where pilots or rampees tried to treat it like a -200.

Rumor was that Bombardier toyed with the idea of including a "ctrl-alt-del" button which rebooted all of the computers on the aircraft
Ahh yes, CNTRL ALT DEL is the answer to most MX issues in the EMB-145 also. Too bad Embraer didn't put a "reboot" button in the cockpit. It'd save a lot of time and trouble.

It seems like whenever we have some message that won't be cleared mx just has us depower the airplane and power it back up. It is pretty rediculous. I'm all for the ctrl-alt-del mod. Interesting to hear the ERJ-145 has the same problem. How about the new boeings? Do they have random electrons causing problems with computers requireing a powerdown to clear?

Latest resources

Back