CRJ or ERJ - which one do you prefer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whichever one they pay you to fly.

Having flown the E120 and the CRJ, I have to say that I'm really glad my company didn't go with the jungle-jet. I got so sick and tired of having no room to move around at all in the E120s flight-deck, and from what I've seen the E-jet's isn't much bigger.

In the CRJ, I can lean the seat back, put my feet up, and spread a newspaper out! :)

CaptainBrazilia said:
Having flown the E120 and the CRJ, I have to say that I'm really glad my company didn't go with the jungle-jet. I got so sick and tired of having no room to move around at all in the E120s flight-deck, and from what I've seen the E-jet's isn't much bigger.

In the CRJ, I can lean the seat back, put my feet up, and spread a newspaper out! :)

The E145 has much more room in it than the 120. Being 6'3" I have plenty of room to move the seat back and recline it to the full sleeping position.:D

Keep it coming guys! Very interesting stuf!

I have to agree with Sphincter Boy and AWACoff... The yoke in the ERJ is the most comfortable one I have ever used.

As far as room in the cockpit goes, there is plenty of room. I am 6'4", 255 lbs. and I have more room than I need. The rudder pedals electrcally move to provide even more space in front of you.:)

As a former Brazilia Bra (for you SoCals) I loved the ram horn. Very natural position. I'm biased for the CRJ cuz I've always wanted to fly one since I was a student pilot. My former sim partner is now flying the 145 at CHQ and he says it's a wonderful plane. I think it's more user friendly than the CRJ and more automated. So I guess you don't have to push as much buttons which makes more time for coffee/USA Today and doing your Jepp revisions. Both great airplanes.

that's my 10 cents
my 2 cents is free
nuisance who sent?
You sent for me?

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

From a passenger's stanpoint, here are the pros and cons:

EMB-145
Pros
  • large window alligned with an average person's line of sight
  • 1-2 seating configuration (less likely to sit by someone you don't know)
  • 17.3 inch seat vs. the Canadair's 17 inch seat
  • no airstairs (at least not at Continental Express)
  • large lav provides ample space, even enthusiastic couples can join the "mile high club" comfortably
Cons
  • overhead bins will not fit a roll-aboard
  • low cabin height causes anyone over 6'1" to duck slightly while walking down the aisle
  • the seat next to the fuselage has less space for your feet due to the curving wall
CL-65
Pros
  • overhead bins will accomodate a standard rolling bag
  • higher cabin height does not require tall people to duck
Cons
  • low cabin windows strain the neck
  • 2-2 seating is preferred less than the 145's 1-2 configuaration
  • seats are narrower than the 145
From the pilot's point of view
EMB-145
Pros
  • Cold A/C!!
  • cockpit is comfortable while seated, there is plenty of room to recline and push the seat way back
  • the ram's horn yoke is very comfortable and natural feeling
  • the FADEC controlled engines keep you from having to touch the throttles (below FL 310) until it is time to descend
  • total glass cockpit, clean, logical layout
  • room for overnight bags inside the airplane
  • everthing's automatic (except for the throttles)
Cons
  • the radar SUCKS!!
  • the FADEC won't keep the aircraft from overspeeding during cruise
  • the cockpit is noisy
  • Mach .78 and FL 370 is the best it'll do
  • no ACARS printer
  • the aft CG gear makes decent landings more challanging
  • bad EICAS caution inhibition causes too many extra "dings"
I've never flown the CL-65, so I'll have to leave the rest blank.

Last edited:
ummmmmm.....

"the aft CG gear makes decent landings more difficult"

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the gear (mains) on all tri gear aircraft aft of the CG. If the mains were at or fwd of the CG it would be tipped all the time.

I believe the CRJ criuses a bit faster than .78? And what are the certified max alts for both?

Latest resources

Back