CRJ Guys turn

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

Ok weve done the ATR and the 145, and seeing as how im a loser and ive never flown the CRJ, but I think its a cool plane, I thought we should give the CRJ guys theyre turn...have at it fellas....how does she fly???

It's the only turbine I've ever flown so my opinion may hold no value. But I think it's a nice airplane. A little tight to get in, but it I like it. The -700 is suppose to correct all of the problems the -200 has. I've never flown or sat in the -700 so I couldn't really tell you. The -200 is great up to FL180 then it gets slow. I've talked to buddies who fly the ERJ and we comapre things. There is no FADEC on the CRJ 200. Also the plane wants to fly fast. The whole clean wing thing is the issue. It takes a lot to slow that airplane from 250 knots when in the approach phase of flight. Plan ahead to stay in front of the aircraft. I'm still relatively new on the aircraft so maybe some more seasoned vets might chime in. Overall I enjoy flying the aircraft for now.

I have flown the E145,140,135 and the CRJ-200,700,900 I like the EMB145 over the CRJ 200, but would take the CRJ700 or 900 over all of them!

The CRJ 200 Needs FEDEC and larger engines. That would make it just fine.

The 700 is great. More automation. More power. Could use a bigger flight deck. Sure beats the 200 though. And the cabin is better for the pax. More head room, more shoulder room. Windows you can actually see out of without having to lay your head in your lap. And the AC actually blows cold air out of the top of the cabin where it can do more that just refridgerate your feet.

The king air climbed better than this thing above FL230. That's my only complaint really-it doesn't perform like a jet up high. I also wish it had some leading edge devices, but it's fun to come in over the fence at 147 kts sometimes. I do like the control responsiveness.

Pros
-Easy to get good landings consistantly
Cons
-Needs FADEC
-Needs more powerful engine
-awkward nose down approach
-Spend lots of time pulling and re-setting circut breakers (Spoilers Fault)

pros
-Plenty of power.
-A/C works very well
-More Room in cabin
cons
-hard to get consistant landings
-problems with packs cycling on and off

I have flown the E145,140,135 and the CRJ-200,700,900 I like the EMB145 over the CRJ 200, but would take the CRJ700 or 900 over all of them!

The CRJ 200 Needs FEDEC and larger engines. That would make it just fine.

I'll second that! I just wish they would make these things quieter. The ECS noise gets old, especially in the 700 and 900's.

They are roomy inside and fly well with good avionics, only problem is they don't climb well at altitude.

Ok weve done the ATR and the 145, and seeing as how im a loser and ive never flown the CRJ, but I think its a cool plane, I thought we should give the CRJ guys theyre turn...have at it fellas....how does she fly???

Good grief, why would anyone think the RJ is a "cool" airplane to fly. Get rid of these things (too bad that isnt even possible now).

They are cramped in the cockpit. The passengers hate them. They have no control feel whatsoever. It is the worst flying airplane I have flown in GA or the airlines. It does have the highest paycheck of any airplane I have flown so that is it's only plus. The air conditioning system is terrible. Auto mode automatically gives you full cold or full hot and that's about it.

Latest resources

Back