• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Guys turn

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
highest paycheck for whom? Ask Skywest about that. LETS ALL FLY THE 70 AND 90 FOR 50 SEAT RATES.. HMM NOTTTTTTT

The -700 is a good plane. It is a lot better performer than the -200. The 700 will climb just fine into the low thirties and if light just fine up to the mid thirties.

On the other hand I would prefer the Avro RJ85 over the CRJ. More room, more stable, better short field performance--not that you need that in the U.S. except for a few airports, Aspen-- Decent high alt performance. climbs good until the low to mid twenties. Plus it has four engines. That just makes it automaticaly cool. CAT 3A, Auto Land, Auto throttles. Avionics not up to par with the CRJ but still a great jet fly.

The -700 is a good plane. It is a lot better performer than the -200. The 700 will climb just fine into the low thirties and if light just fine up to the mid thirties.

On the other hand I would prefer the Avro RJ85 over the CRJ. More room, more stable, better short field performance--not that you need that in the U.S. except for a few airports, Aspen-- Decent high alt performance. climbs good until the low to mid twenties. Plus it has four engines. That just makes it automaticaly cool. CAT 3A, Auto Land, Auto throttles. Avionics not up to par with the CRJ but still a great jet fly.

Know why the Avro has 4 engines? They couldn't fit 6. Ha ha, that joke still cracks me up.

Pros
-Easy to get good landings consistantly
Cons
-Needs FADEC
-Needs more powerful engine
-awkward nose down approach
-Spend lots of time pulling and re-setting circut breakers (Spoilers Fault)

pros
-Plenty of power.
-A/C works very well
-More Room in cabin
cons
-hard to get consistant landings
-problems with packs cycling on and off

The 200 needs a better wing like the 700. Excess thrust is not the only thing that makes an airplane a decent climber. I bet the 200 would be more like the 700 if it had the same wing as the 700.

My right hand is my FADEC and it works just fine in the 200.

I havn't had a spoiler fault in years. I guess they fixed that problem on our a/c.

It's not an awkward nosedown approach, its like most every other airplane with no leading edge devices and 45 degrees of flaps on approach.

They are cramped in the cockpit. The passengers hate them. They have no control feel whatsoever. It is the worst flying airplane I have flown in GA or the airlines. It does have the highest paycheck of any airplane I have flown so that is it's only plus. The air conditioning system is terrible. Auto mode automatically gives you full cold or full hot and that's about it.

I'm 6'3"/ 200 lbs and am not cramped in any way in the CRJ. Yeah there are a few that are bigger, but unless you are 6'5" and 300 lbs there is more than enough room. Unlike some others.

Worst flying you have flown? I think the pertinent words are "I have flown". It flys great with me. Might be operator induced on your part?

ECS makes great hot and cold air. The Hamilton Standard auto controller sucks and they screwed up where the air comes into the cabin but, there are few if any airplanes that keep everyone the right temp all the time. Again, might be operator induced.

The 200 is a pig. It is way underpowered.

The 700 is the nicest airplane that I have ever flown. I really didn't have any problems with landing it. I can only think of one or two that werent' decent. I didn't have any pack problems either.

VNAV would be nice, along with more room for bag stowage in the cockpit. I had to get rid of my DOJet flight bag because there wasn't enough room.

I was spoiled (and didn't know it) in the 604 before I got into the CRJ2. VNAV, 2 FMS heads, IRS (no EFIS COMP MON), decent power, cruised at .80 unless we were westbound across an ocean, held 20,000 in gas.

CRJ2 has the same engines, and a lower thrust schedule than the 604. Guess the regionals bought the super-extended warranty from GE. These engines are babied beyond belief, that's why the airplane doesn't climb worth a damn above 20,000. The Canadairs feel the same at 2,000 as they do at FL410 thanks to artificial feel and hydraulic PCUs. I hate that. It is what it is, a stripped down business jet stretched into a regional jet. No bells and whistles, but it's got great dispatch reliability and serves its intended purpose well in the fee for departure arena.

I started off with several years in a Boeing three-holer... now there's a sweet airplane.

The 200 is a pig. It is way underpowered.

The 700 is the nicest airplane that I have ever flown. I really didn't have any problems with landing it. I can only think of one or two that werent' decent. I didn't have any pack problems either.

VNAV would be nice, along with more room for bag stowage in the cockpit. I had to get rid of my DOJet flight bag because there wasn't enough room.

I could have wrote this (hint: look at my aircraft flown). Decent landings aren't hard in the -700, the wide landing gear makes it very stable, but really good landings are few and far between, especially while light. The best landing I have ever had in the -700 was an over-weight landing following a return to airport. I think the "less than smooth" landings in the -700 are due to the rather stiff landing gear. Cross-wind landings always seem to be smoother, because only one gear is absorbing the entire weight of the airplane.

On another note... I found the Dornier very easy to make smooth landings, though you actually had to use cross-wind technique due to the narrow landing gear. I prided myself on touching down smooth enough that the spoilers would not automatically extend. Of course this was only to be attempted if there was no contamination (snow) as there were no thrust reversers to help slow down.

Hmmmmmm.....wish the 200 had a microwave. Wish ASA would clean those dirty flightdecks; good god some of those are so filthy! I thought there was a cleaning program in BTR?

Only jet I have ever flown. Just wish it had more power!

Like flying it empty; nice climb rate.

Latest resources

Back