• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Guys turn

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I liked it. Flew fine. Predictable. Comfy for it's class. It could take a beating. It's kind of like a pick-up truck. It's not fancy, but it's rugged and reliable. Real good airplane in my book. I enjoyed flying it.

Caveman has it right on this thing. Remember it really is optimized for leg lengths of 1-1.5 hrs, not the 3 hr legs mainline has us doing now. Engines are ultra-reliable, and handling is about as predictable as you can get ie..very good. Speed wise it'll dust the EMB135/145, and you actually have to FLY IT! 3000+ hrs in it and no complaints other than high alt (above fl250) performance. She gets up to speed OK, climb suffers if temp is ISA +10 or higher, that's all. And she can go above FL 250 in ALL weather, unlike the BAe 146.

Peace.

Rekks.

kind of a new guy here..but what is a FADEC exactly?

Fully Automatic Digital Engine Control

I also flew the Dork Jet before flying the CRJ (ACA-Indy) I preferred the Dork's flight deck, automation and could grease that baby on but it sure sucked not having spoilers. The RJ was ok but I had more in-flight failures in a month and a half in that jet than I had in the Dork in two and a half years.

Who Gives A ********************! No Wonder We Dont Get Paid Anything With Clowns Worried About How Rjs Fly Jeez!

Who Gives A ********************! No Wonder We Dont Get Paid Anything With Clowns Worried About How Rjs Fly Jeez!

Who peed in your Cheerios? If you don't want to read a thread about how an airplane flys, don't click on it (and definately don't post on it). There are plenty of other threads extolling the virtues of paycuts, PFT, 90 seaters for 50 seat rates, and crappy management. If you have read all those and were looking for more of the same on this thread it might be time to hang up the old keyboard.

Congratulations, you have paid $10 yell at internet nerds.

Fully Automatic Digital Engine Control

I also flew the Dork Jet before flying the CRJ (ACA-Indy) I preferred the Dork's flight deck, automation and could grease that baby on but it sure sucked not having spoilers. The RJ was ok but I had more in-flight failures in a month and a half in that jet than I had in the Dork in two and a half years.

I think it really stands for full authority digital engine control.

Last edited:
I could have wrote this (hint: look at my aircraft flown). Decent landings aren't hard in the -700, the wide landing gear makes it very stable, but really good landings are few and far between, especially while light. The best landing I have ever had in the -700 was an over-weight landing following a return to airport. I think the "less than smooth" landings in the -700 are due to the rather stiff landing gear. Cross-wind landings always seem to be smoother, because only one gear is absorbing the entire weight of the airplane.

On another note... I found the Dornier very easy to make smooth landings, though you actually had to use cross-wind technique due to the narrow landing gear. I prided myself on touching down smooth enough that the spoilers would not automatically extend. Of course this was only to be attempted if there was no contamination (snow) as there were no thrust reversers to help slow down.

At least in the -200 the reason you get a better landing in a crosswind is the fact that only having 1 wieght on wheel signal means the GLD will not deploy.

Latest resources

Back