• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Fuel....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the attitude at ASA training too. Landing and running out of fuel on the way back to the gate is fine. Of course, if that actually happens, I'm sure you'll have a fun visit to the CP office.

ultrarunner said:
Great, now these things are flying around VFR???? Great.

CRZ, these are 121 operations. They are all on IFR flight plans. Regardless of wx conditions.

C'mon dude, pay attention. You misunderstood his question.

VFR weather on an IFR flight plan.

=w= said:
That's what happens when you have 100kt headwind and want to get home quickly, so you're crusiing along at .78+ when you're planned for .74, then all of a sudden you get to ATL and hold for a bit... I love hearing them whining to dispatch that they had a headwind or had to change altitudes when it's their own darn fault for going as fast as they can go and wasting the fuel away during the 3 hr flight! Holding .74 vs max cruise thrust is 100-200lbs/hr per engine so over 3 hours that adds up to 800-1200lbs of fuel you just pissed away to get there 5 min faster. There's no learnin' some people though.

Exactly!!! The very same people that complain that the company doesn't give them enough fuel are usually the ones flying around faster than they are planned for, never single-engine taxiing, and descending at 1000fpm 150 miles out. Our pilots at Pinnacle complain constantly that they don't receive enough Contingency fuel, but the fact is that we have been getting more C-fuel (in minutes) than mainline ever gets. I routinely land with several hundred pounds more than planned EFOA because the DX is usually quite liberal with Taxi fuel and such.

PCL_128 said:
I routinely land with several hundred pounds more than planned EFOA because the DX is usually quite liberal with Taxi fuel and such.
Which is probably the reason we don't have more diverts here. That taxi fuel becomes a nice addition to C fuel if you S.E. taxi on a busy day in MSP or DTW (or DFW, BOS, DCA, PHL, you know - those RJ destinations).

I WISH I could have a beer. Haven't had a drinkable (12+ hours) overnight in almost a month now.

Lear70 said:
I WISH I could have a beer. Haven't had a drinkable (12+ hours) overnight in almost a month now.

Man i'm sorry that is criminal.

wmuflyguy said:
Man i'm sorry that is criminal.

Yeah, but he's home more than we are, and probably makes more, to. I'd glady pass up a few beers at work (on proper overnights) to have a lot of time to drink them at home.

JetPilot_Mike said:
Yeah, but he's home more than we are, and probably makes more, to. I'd glady pass up a few beers at work (on proper overnights) to have a lot of time to drink them at home.
Are you smokin' crack? Look at who I work for... they don't know the meaning of "days off".

My title mentions "5 years holding 10 days off", and it's almost not an exaggeration, I've been holding 12 day off lines for a while now with no change in sight... 11 or 10 days off if I want my weekends and full commutability.

But yes, when I go home, the bottle of Jack is there waiting. :)

Tank Commander said:
Rich, These are some fragments of some of your post tonight. I'm seeing hidden messages....
Wouldn't that be nice? I think that TRULY is the answer to all our aviation woes: just drug us. That way we won't know how badly we're getting screwed! :)

I stand corrected! Your schedule sounds like mine, except I'm on year 7!

Latest resources

Back