• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ down in MO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Outside of our circle where it does have a specific meaning, the term "small jet" is just relative: a few years ago when waiting to board a 737 that was parked next to a couple of heavies my wife had a minor panic attack about going on another "small airplane" - we'd had a particularly bumpy ride on a Dornier a few months previously which she had definitely not enjoyed.

I'll leave the last word to my two year old daughter, who I take to both PHL and PNE sometimes to watch the airplanes: last week at PHL after a couple of the bigger 'busses departed in a row, the MD-80 that was next was "a baby one"... later the same day at PNE after watching a handful of Pipers and Cessnas in the pattern an arriving King-Air was "a big big one, too noisy" ;)

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, would you guys quit squabbling about flight time. If you really must know the captain had around 6700 of which I think 2000 was PIC in the Beech 1900 at Gulfstream. He probably had around 1500 hours in the CRJ of which most was SIC. The First Officer was a graduate of Gulfstream Academy and flew some right seat in the 1900. I don't know exactly how much time he had but Pinnacle has been known to hire guys from this program with as few as 400 hours. I have flown with quite a few of these folks and under normal operations most of them do quite well.

If you want to point fingers than point them where they belong, at our upper management. These guys are scum of the earth and in some way I know they contributed to this accident.

Amen, bro! Our pilot group has gulped down so many ones...

Hope the new daddy at NW takes some action with our upper mgmt...

When they say there's gonna be changes in our company, the first thought that entered my mind was, "Never compromise savings - when does the buck stops?"

Yeah, changes. Like shipping the CFO out of town when it's discovered that P.B. embezzled/withheld funds into the seven figures from the company and pilot group--with nary an acknowledgement to the victims of her crimes.

Like a certain manic depresive HR person who ran off half the staff this year--she was caught pencil-whipping background checks in 2000, but knows where all the bodies are buried, so to speak. (She still live with her brother?)

Like the revolving door of CEC leadership/management.

Like "new" fuel policies that further errode the authority of the PIC in favor of a "formula"--challenge it and be prepared for a carpet dance.

Like a Director of Safety who becomes incensed when recommendations for safety (like, hey, let's reduce FOD on the ramp) are made to him.

Like a memo from T.M. about a "professional appearance"--this from the man who came to work in jeans for years, changing in the head so "the man" couldn't make him wear a hat.

Like the use of the capital "P" in People. The only capital P I know about is the one pressing against my backside.

Like the fact that J.Y. looks exactly like the pointy-haired boss from Dilbert?

--The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I heard about this incident last week but got the first chance to read about it today and was floored to hear that Jesse was killed. He was my Instrument instructor in 97 at ERAU. That phase of training was the most fun I ever had while learning to fly and I have Jesse to thank for it. I know that he will be missed by all that knew him. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Im just curious, for you crj pilots, is it common to fly at 41,000ft? Ive only flown on ASA/AE/Comair/Skywest CRJ's and if I remember correctly we never went above 35,000ft, in the 200's or 700's.

On all the mx repo flights I have done we go up to 410 no problem. Not something that would happen with pax on board but empty it does 800 fpm if it is cold

Latest resources

Back