CRJ 700 or G-IV?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

Thats my choice guys believe it or not. not flamebait!!!! Im in ground school at a regional for the CRJ, but I have a 2nd interview for G-IV job flying internationally with a great company. Pay and QOL would be better with G-IV job I think. I know pay will for sure....... any comments??? Im just seeing what any of you guys would do since most of you already have 121 experience and some 135/corp (which I have). Thanks!

Easy decision here. Even if it's 135, the experience you would gain in the G4 is incredible. I'm sure the upgrade path is shorter on the 4 as well. No brainer.

Also, if you don't like the lifestyle, you can always go back to regional. G4 time is a valuable commodity, especially if it's PIC.

Captain or FO on the GIV, do they type you? If so, I'd go with the GIV. One piece of advice (coming from a former corporate guy) is that you never know how long a corporate gig will last. Believe it or not you will have better job security with the airlines.

No brainer. Take the lucrative $18K/year CRJ job.

Then tell me where the G-IV job is.

That is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford.... I would go with the G-IV. You will really love the airplane. Being above the airlines is a great way to fly!!!

mamba20 said:
Captain or FO on the GIV, do they type you? If so, I'd go with the GIV. One piece of advice (coming from a former corporate guy) is that you never know how long a corporate gig will last. Believe it or not you will have better job security with the airlines.

Thats my only hesitation.... its 2 weeks on and 1 week off ( your not flying everyday on those 2 weeks) This company gets a discount at Simuflite for 14k. You pay for your own training and they pay you back over 24 months (written agreement). The start pay is 39k/yr and per diem is 50 bucks/day. 6k increase in pay every 6 months until it caps out at around 50k+ for FO. Upgrade in 2 yr for my experience level, but awesome international experience. Would FedEx still look at my time in the G-IV or are they lookin for min. weight. aircraft. Captains make over 100k after a couple of years or so.

You pay for your own training and they pay you back over 24 months (written agreement).

What happens to your 14K if they no longer need you between now and 24 months??

Any company that makes you pay for your own training is a sh!tty ass company!!

It sounds like the job is catered for entry level, which kind of stinks. But either way you look at it, you'll be making more money, IMHO better schedule, better airplane, better trips, better catering, better hotels, car rentals, better benefits, better per diem, and probably better flight attendants. Just about everything would be better.

It's lame to pay for the type, but if they are going to pay you back, then it's a better deal, especially since you'll be able to log PIC time when manipulating the controls. Remember g4 PIC time is a good thing to have. As for your question regarding fedex, they thought my time was good enough.

Latest resources

Back