• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 700 or G-IV?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
doesn't sound so good to me. i doubt they will put you in charge of a g4 with 2500 hrs so your upgrade estimate may be a bit rosey. i would stick with the airline p121.

capt_zman said:
It sounds like the job is catered for entry level, which kind of stinks. But either way you look at it, you'll be making more money, IMHO better schedule, better airplane, better trips, better catering, better hotels, car rentals, better benefits, better per diem, and probably better flight attendants. Just about everything would be better.

It's lame to pay for the type, but if they are going to pay you back, then it's a better deal, especially since you'll be able to log PIC time when manipulating the controls. Remember g4 PIC time is a good thing to have. As for your question regarding fedex, they thought my time was good enough.

Well, they usually have a 4000TT min. on hiring. They took on a low timer a while ago who has worked out great and my getting the interview was being at the right place at the right time. Hopefully it goes through!! lowtimer meaning 1500TT

Spinplate said:
You pay for your own training and they pay you back over 24 months (written agreement). The start pay is 39k/yr and per diem is 50 bucks/day.

Holy jeez! Maybe I don't want to know.

On second thought, yes I do so I know where to NOT send a resume.

Take the airline job.

BTW, what's the phone number to the place with the G4 job? :)

TAKE the G4 JOB!!!

It really depends on what you want to do in the long term. If you want 1000pic turbine quick, I'd do the CRJ depending on upgrade times at your airline. Otherwise, the Gulfstream is a much better aircraft.

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
It really depends on what you want to do in the long term. If you want 1000pic turbine quick, I'd do the CRJ depending on upgrade times at your airline. Otherwise, the Gulfstream is a much better aircraft.

You dammmm ERJ pilot!!! lol congrats man!

Yeah, I'll just see how the 2nd interview goes and take it from there. CRJ upgrade where Im at as of right now is just over 2 years. But 40-50k the first year plus 4.00/hr per diem!! Gotta see which one outweighs the other!! Thanks to all who posted!

We still need to get together for that beer. :cool:

Latest resources

Back