• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ-1000 for Skywest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats the difference from the 900...is the 1000 longer?

Hey Dumb Dumb! You want Some Gum Gum!! (Avatar reminded me of the movie)

Not Longer!! It's Got More Girth!! The ladies will like it better then the long skinny ones! Remember Girth is Good! :)

yeah, I can see the RJ-1000s at SkyWest. Since you'll never get a split payscale out of Jerry and Co., I imaging the bull*hit override will be another 1% on top of the weak RJ-700 override. Whoopideedoo!!! Maybe they'll use them at their new ATL base for DL! Let the continued marginalization of ASA continue!!![/quote

Let go of the hate Luke! For once the dark path you take- forever your destiny it will rule. (Yoda)

I was just at Barnes and Nobles checking out the the newest issue of Airliners magazine. There was an article in it about Skywest and JA wanting to start a Skywest brand of flying with CRJ-1000's. The article mentioned he is very interested in how ExpressJet is doing or does and starting an operation similar to it with the CRJ-1000. It said this would alllow them to diversify their operation. Sounds crazy to me!!

Her we go again!!! Go jerry! there are still some low time CFIs out there somewhere to hire!!! we need more!!!!!!:smash:

Why would Skywest go out an buy a fleet of 100 seaters and then go deploy them on top of either Delta's or United's routes (or major O&Ds)?

Why would they bite the hand(s) that feed them? Does not make any logical sense to do this.

They stated in the last conference call that they were looking into a way of branching out.

Why stop at a 100-seater? Why not just go for the whole she-bang and option for a few B-73-800s?

Why stop at a 100-seater? Why not just go for the whole she-bang and option for a few B-73-800s?
All it takes is another certificate. That is one reason why the SkyWest guys need to consider getting orgainized. Just because they always have been the winner of the whipsaw game does not mean they will always be the winner. In fact, with longevity, winning the whipsaw game becomes less and less likely.

SkyWest is actively working on another certificate as we speak.

SkyWest is actively working on another certificate as we speak.

Great, I hope you guys compete against us directly too, so we can pound you. Or maybe you can compete with Orenstein and bring RJs to China...You would have the cost advantage---CRJ-1000s with Emb-120 rates! Ah heck, it's all about growth, right boys? If we ever get 100 seaters at DL (good chance), we will take back a lot of the Montana flying from SLC I bet....Maybe SkyWest knows something..?? Good luck with your own airline flying...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back