Crews flying high at CitationShares!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
broke,

Relax. My statement wasn't meant to start a piss*ng contest about company A vs. company B. I was merely pointing out that the "7/7 w/OT" sounds better than the "reserve 18" as far as quality of life goes.

I'm glad we are both happy where we are. As it should be.

Regards,

X

Who

flx757 said:
He returns. Yet again.

How do you keep thinking up the usernames? That has to be harder than coming up with the lame flamebait.

Who are you talking about, Flx?

XTW said:
4 days x 12 months = 48 days

7000/48 = 145 a day

Doesn't sound like much of a good deal to me. Sounds like 7/7 plus a couple OT days here and there would be better. That's just me though.

X

Hi. I like the logical, analytical approach you've used here. The numbers may be off though, because the 7 & 7 schedule actually works one 15.2 days per month. Meaning that the 18-day (reserve) schedule is only 3 days more, not 4. So it should be: 7,000/36 = 194/day. Even so, it still makes better sense to pick up extra days at the higher 'extra day' rate while on the 7 & 7. Unless, of course, the extra days are not available, in which case the reserve schedule would be the only consistant way to significantly raise your pay. I've no idea how reliably extra days are available for those who want the overtime.

Whoever these CS pilots are that have said immature things in the past are sure an embarrassment. Come on, every company everywhere has a few people like that. Give it a rest. Somebody back there was blabbing about CS having low time 20 something year olds.....man look into the company a little. We don't hire low time pilots, we don't hire everyone that walks thru the door...every pilot hired at CS has lots of flight time, usually atleast in their 30's, and must look good in a yellow tie. (That part is a joke folks).

CS is a fine place to work. The pay and benefits are pretty good, who cares if one company makes a little more or a little less than the other (CS vs NJ)....it doesn't really matter. Some of you sound like children on here, it's embarrassing to the profession.

According to the article that started this thread, the C.P of CS said that the company planned on the raises last summer...who knows for sure, but I (who has been a proud union member before) will say that it sure is nice working for a company that just hands out large pay increases without having to pull teeth for it over years and years of union dues. I know I've never worked for a company that has done something like that...can anyone name one that has recently??

Since day 1, CS management has said that they want to keep pilots happy by treating them well. This in turn is passed onto the owners we fly, and so on. Yes there are some things that could be worked on, but as far as I'm concerned....this place is an excellent place to work. Oh and upgrade is falling at about 10-16 months of service...all you have to do is go out, provide a good service to the customer and avoid landing at the wrong airport. It basically all comes in seniority order. Some of you guys out there really have a false idea and think the merit system is something that it really isn't. Guess that's the only thing some people can find to pick on us about.

Congrats to NJ for not being screwed every payday anymore, and to all the other frac.'s....do what you have to do to get raises. Get a union or find a company with good management so that you get what you deserve.

DBCOOPER said:
Whoever these CS pilots are that have said immature things in the past are sure an embarrassment. Come on, every company everywhere has a few people like that.
CS is a fine place to work. The pay and benefits are pretty good, who cares if one company makes a little more or a little less than the other (CS vs NJ)....it doesn't really matter. Some of you sound like children on here, it's embarrassing to the profession.

According to the article that started this thread, the C.P of CS said that the company planned on the raises last summer...who knows for sure, but I (who has been a proud union member before) will say that it sure is nice working for a company that just hands out large pay increases without having to pull teeth for it over years and years of union dues. I know I've never worked for a company that has done something like that...can anyone name one that has recently??

Yah, there are a few here (FRACTRASH and Bogart) who are really giving you guys a bad name. Let me ask YOU this......do you too think that you got a pay raise because your mgmt just said, here yah go, nice job boys??? Or in your opinion was it as a result of our contract???

DBCOOPER: good post!! GUITAR ROCKER: will you just let it go, you're not going to change my view on the Union. You sure now how to beat a dead horse.

GR,

Look, I know that you want to hear me say it was all b/c of your union.

If you want my honest opinion, this is it...(fyi...I'm NOT a cool-aid drinker either, trust me)

When I started at CS, a good portion of my interview consisted of what my loyalty to the company would be. I got the "How long will you stay" question, "you wouldn't leave, would you" question, "we don't want people to use us as a stepping stone" and so on. I have never worked anywhere...and I've worked for quite a few places now darnit, that seem to take leaving so personally.

They have told me from day 1 that they want us to be happy, both financially and with QOL. They don't want turnover, that part is obvious. Then last summer morale started slipping b/c of certain things going on....folks were leaving for Continental, JetBlue, etc....I was flying with guys that were on the fence about leaving. Management knew this was going on. There were strong rumors going on from people that would be "in the know" that the company was working on an "incentive" to keep people on the property.

So, to answer your question....I'm quite confident that our raises were "in the works" and it was just a matter of timing that we got ours right after your contract was achieved. However, I could be wrong. Maybe we got our raises a little sooner b/c of you guys, maybe we got a little more. I definatly don't think that we got them based ONLY on your contract. Like I said though, it may have helped in part...and that's great, thank you to your union. To be honest, I can't believe you guys didn't strike....you were being hosed for TOO LONG. All my friends over there are finally happy with their job. How say you?

FRACTRASH said:
DBCOOPER: good post!! GUITAR ROCKER: will you just let it go, you're not going to change my view on the Union. You sure now how to beat a dead horse.

Just like you aren't going to change our view on you, FracTRASH. We could care less what you think of the union. It is obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about, and no matter how many times you try to post inaccurate information, or how bad you try to make CS pilots look dumb, we will always know "it's just Fractrash, and his opinion doesn't count because this is his first jet job". And disputing that is also beating a dead horse.

Guitar rocker said:
Yah, there are a few here (FRACTRASH and Bogart) who are really giving you guys a bad name. Let me ask YOU this......do you too think that you got a pay raise because your mgmt just said, here yah go, nice job boys??? Or in your opinion was it as a result of our contract???

Dude, I'm not giving Shares a bad name...I'm just busting your balls, and the balls of all you union rabel-rouser friends. Lighten up, it's all in fun!

XPGuy said:
Just like you aren't going to change our view on you, FracTRASH. We could care less what you think of the union. It is obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about, and no matter how many times you try to post inaccurate information, or how bad you try to make CS pilots look dumb, we will always know "it's just Fractrash, and his opinion doesn't count because this is his first jet job". And disputing that is also beating a dead horse.

XP and Rocker, we know you like the union and you're happy to admit it. So with the freedom of speach act, why can't us who dislike the union say that as well without being called names and told we were wrong to have that type of outlook? Seems a little one sided to me. It really hurts you guys to see a company progress and treat their employees as well as CS does without us having to fight tooth and nail for what we have. Face it, we're happy here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I investigated all the fracs out there before I even applied at CS. All I know was CS was the one for me and I am happy I chose it that way.

Latest resources

Back