• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crews flying high at CitationShares!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are a joke, first jet or not we still make more then you. you can laugh all you want but on the 15 and 30 I'll be laughing all the way to the bank while you figure out how to eat.

B-dude, I'm usually just a lurker on these boards. They are, after all, just ENTERTAINMENT. At the end of a long day it's kind of fun to watch someone obviously making statements meant to get a rise out of someone else or a specific group. But you sir, have made one of the most immature statements I've EVER read on these boards.
Wow!! You make more than NJ's pilots! Do tell! And after this has been hashed out, is your dad gonna beat up my dad too?

First off, are you really making more than the NJ's pilots? Seriously, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your year 5 captain pay only $1000 more than NJ's year 5 captain pay? And isn't the top of your pay scale the same as NJ's top of the pay scale? Did you get a $40K bonus with your bump in pay? How's your benefits and vacation package stack up against NJ's? Training schedule?

Second, I believe the CS pay scale only matches NJ's Cat 1 pay scale. It DOES NOT match NJ's Cat 2, 3, or 4 pay scales. So, maybe the NJ's pilots can figure out how to eat after all.

Finally, believe it or not, most of the NJ's pilots WANT you to make more than them. A whole bunch more! Why? Because when they get around to their next round of negotiations it would be nice to be able to point to another group of fractional pilots and say, "we're going to match or beat that!".

Truly, I HATE playing the "my contract/pay scale is bigger than yours" game. It's stupid and childish. Who cares? Grow up!

Humphreybogart said:
What is the average upgrade time at NetJets?

That's a hard question to answer for the following reasons:

Time is fractionate.

Upgrade times vary based on attrition, aircraft deliveries and the whims of crew planning. Currently attrition is higher for those at NJA who were waiting for the bonus pay and attrition is somewhat lower for those who were contemplating bailing due to the joke we used to recieve bi-monthly as pay.

Bypass pay isn't what it used to be so senior F/Os are straping on another stripe to get their pay raise. There is currently a bit of a line for upgrade.

Fleet plans are due out "soon" per management... of course that manager just found his golden parachute (like the all have) so we'll see.

I could have had upgrade as a newhire. Times were different years ago.

Up until the contract, a newhire could have expected a year to 1.5 years maybe.

Now... things are too new to tell. We'll get back to you Boggie.

The base pay is just the beginning by the way. Sure a 5 yr guy is making 90K on 7n7. To that do not forget to add grievance pay. It is an unknown number but this year I topped $11,000 in grievance pay alone. You don't have that option I belive. Overtime totalled over $5,000. Extended days totalled over $7,000 (my strike fund). and holiday pay was over $2,000. This year was exceptionally good as well in light of the fact that I got a $19,500 bonus check. 40% more of that is coming next year.

Did you managers truly match what your peers are making at NetJets or did they merely just try and make it seem like they did? You know... becasue you're worth it.

Things aren't always what they appear. Life as a F/O at NJA with a BASE of $46,000 should be a very financially comfortable time until upgrade. Sure, bonuses paid last year are one time things but who knows what the future holds this year.

Now the domicile thing sucks though...

Last edited:
FLYLOW22 said:
That's a hard question to answer for the following reasons:

Time is fractionate.

Upgrade times vary based on attrition, aircraft deliveries and the whims of crew planning. Currently attrition is higher for those at NJA who were waiting for the bonus pay and attrition is somewhat lower for those who were contemplating bailing due to the joke we used to recieve bi-monthly as pay.

Bypass pay isn't what it used to be so senior F/Os are straping on another stripe to get their pay raise. There is currently a bit of a line for upgrade.

Fleet plans are due out "soon" per management... of course that manager just found his golden parachute (like the all have) so we'll see.

I could have had upgrade as a newhire. Times were different years ago.

Up until the contract, a newhire could have expected a year to 1.5 years maybe.

Now... things are too new to tell. We'll get back to you Boggie.

The base pay is just the beginning by the way. Sure a 5 yr guy is making 90K on 7n7. To that do not forget to add grievance pay. It is an unknown number but this year I topped $11,000 in grievance pay alone. You don't have that option I belive. Overtime totalled over $5,000. Extended days totalled over $7,000 (my strike fund). and holiday pay was over $2,000. This year was exceptionally good as well in light of the fact that I got a $19,500 bonus check. 40% more of that is coming next year.

Did you managers truly match what your peers are making at NetJets or did they merely just try and make it seem like they did? You know... becasue you're worth it.

Things aren't always what they appear. Life as a F/O at NJA with a BASE of $46,000 should be a very financially comfortable time until upgrade. Sure, bonuses paid this year are one time things but who knows what the future holds this year.

Dude,

You're my hero.

It's back pay, not a bonus. It's not like your company said great job, here's your bonus for the year.

FRACTRASH said:
It's back pay, not a bonus. It's not like your company said great job, here's your bonus for the year.

Oh we know... they didn't give us anything. Not at all. NJA isn't into freebees or for that matter real rewards for a job well done. Everything we recieved was negotiated.

If it were "back pay" as you call it or "Retro Pay" as we liked to call it here at NJA, it would have to be paid to active NJA pilots as well as those who worked at the company during any part of the last CBA period but have since departed employment.

Officially the money was designated as a "Signing Bonus". Their words, not mine. The bonus was awarded to all ACTIVE pilots upon contract ratification according to the terms in the CBA. Not former pilots.

If it were back pay (or retro), the company would have reissued taxable wage estimates for the last several years. They did not.

They paid according to one of 4 choices we all had for pay out.

If it were backpay then there would have been no choice as to payout optons since it would have already of been paid according to the biweekly schedule that has already happened for the past several years.

In addition, the bonus was not taxed at our individual income tax rate. It was taxed at a flat 25% rate for FICA... as a bonus.

Hope this clears this little matter up. Tax lesson over.

FRACTRASH said:

Just like your company was going to give you that great pay (regardless of when our contract was signed) and say, Great job guys! NOT!

XPGuy said:
LoL

Tools. How old are these CS yahoos anyway? I'm guessing early 20's... it'll be a long time before they "upgrade". Especially if there is a flight time requirement. Just this year they experienced "the flight levels" for the first time, and they're gonna nock the work of Net Jets's contract negotiations and tout they have a better job than Net Jets.

It's laughable.

realityman my response was to xpguy. he works for options and yet makes fun of CS. I have never said anything bad about any net jets pilots. I happen to believe the only reason we recieved any pay raise at all was because of the net jets.

FLYLOW22 said:
Oh we know... they didn't give us anything. Not at all. NJA isn't into freebees or for that matter real rewards for a job well done. Everything we recieved was negotiated.

If it were "back pay" as you call it or "Retro Pay" as we liked to call it here at NJA, it would have to be paid to active NJA pilots as well as those who worked at the company during any part of the last CBA period but have since departed employment.

Officially the money was designated as a "Signing Bonus". Their words, not mine. The bonus was awarded to all ACTIVE pilots upon contract ratification according to the terms in the CBA. Not former pilots.

If it were back pay (or retro), the company would have reissued taxable wage estimates for the last several years. They did not.

They paid according to one of 4 choices we all had for pay out.

If it were backpay then there would have been no choice as to payout optons since it would have already of been paid according to the biweekly schedule that has already happened for the past several years.

In addition, the bonus was not taxed at our individual income tax rate. It was taxed at a flat 25% rate for FICA... as a bonus.

Hope this clears this little matter up. Tax lesson over.

You are too kind flylow. I wouldn't be so nice, he is a moron.

Latest resources

Back