• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew Shortage Mesa, Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drizzle...do not confuse us with crew scheduling?? And if you are one of the pilots that call dispatch when we are swamped with weather issues and other issues, just keep dialing crew scheduling, because we are not a answering service for them or your secretary.

Just keep that in mind, and I have probably been in aviation longer than you have been alive

Relax nancy, i was poking fun but you can be a b!tch if you want. You may have been in aviation longer than my life span but why is it awww forget it..... If you are one of the good ones, could you teach the others what a legal alternate is?

More expensive that who, the other XR operators?

We bid with LR & XR equipment. They chose the XR. Rest assured that we were indeed the most "expensive" for either one. Kind of suprising they chose the XR since our LR's are now authorized for MATOW 49823.

This question goes out to MasterShaker- since Mesa, Republic, Comair, and ASA are short crews and Expressjet has extra planes and crews that they are scrambling to find homes for, did you ever give thought to maybe Expressjet got the LA flying because they are the only ones with extra planes and pilots capable of giving the lift right now? No, didn't think so. It's a great foot in the door for Express Jet so they can keep flying instead of parking (pilots, planes or both). It also works out great for Delta since, as of right now, no other of it's carriers has extra planes and pilots to fly those routes. Delta needed lift, Express Jet needed work.

This question goes out to MasterShaker- since Mesa, Republic, Comair, and ASA are short crews and Expressjet has extra planes and crews that they are scrambling to find homes for, did you ever give thought to maybe Expressjet got the LA flying because they are the only ones with extra planes and pilots capable of giving the lift right now? No, didn't think so. It's a great foot in the door for Express Jet so they can keep flying instead of parking (pilots, planes or both). It also works out great for Delta since, as of right now, no other of it's carriers has extra planes and pilots to fly those routes. Delta needed lift, Express Jet needed work.

The Delta flying is harder on us (staffing wise) than if we didn't have it. Before the deal was finalized we had plans to utilize those 10 planes in our network. We asked for; and got, a premium rate so that it made financial sense. Plus, it is only a two year deal.

Before you going popping off like you know, we are under just as much pressure as everyone else for staffing. Our training center is going 24/7 and it is still not enough. Our 3 sims cxan't handle the load. We are sending people to Flight Safety(s) all over the U.S. to do their sim work.

I believe that XJET bid the DAL flying at cost. Wondering how they could actually be more expensive????????

What other pearls of wisdom will you bestow upon us tonight? You don't work for us so how could you possibly know what happens here?

What other pearls of wisdom will you bestow upon us tonight? You don't work for us so how could you possibly know what happens here?

Shake, when you work there it's called Kool-Aid. When you don't it's fact!!! Stop with the d&%k swinging contest and grow up for a change. XJet is a class act, but that doesn't speak for you!!! All of us should be trying to better the industry by working together. Management has well succeded in 'divide and conquer'. It's fools like you that help the strategy succeed. If they make the mistake of hiring you in the future at CAL, you can sling gear for me anytime....

Partner results On-Time [A’14] Completion Factor
American 73.3% 96.0%
Continental 57.6% 95.1%
Delta 78.0% 97.6%
Frontier 69.0% 96.9%
US Airways 58.6% 94.4%
United 70.3% 96.0%

Here is the latest from republic....100% ?

B

Wow, your fast with company updates....100% until bedfords update today at 3pm. So yes, it was 100% to answer your question.

Are you kidding me? 100% completion factor? Republic just canceled an overnight out of DEN last night because of no captain.

No I don't kid....how do you know there was no captian? Do you work for republic as a gate agent or are you hearing this 2nd hand like most of your posts sound?

Latest resources

Back