• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew Shortage Mesa, Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I asked the 8-ball if I should apply to Mesa. It said "Maybe." Spurious reasoning indeed, it should have said "HECK YES!!!" [/sarc]

-Goose

I'm sure Frontier will much happier with Republic as opposed to Horizon...good luck F9

Was F9 unhappy with Horizon?? I don't think so.

They just want cheap labor like the rest of them.

They got it.......... so good luck............and I acutally mean it good luck I hope all parties are happy and prosper.

What is with the hate anyway?

Did a QX guy do your wife/girlfriend or boyfriend/lover or whatever the PC term is today......not that there is anything wrong with that!

With regard to the pilot shortage: It's only hurting the regionals.

About the RAH/F9 deal: Wexford!!

Now, how many times have you to be told? If we had a contract as good as QX's, we'd still be flying for F9. Why? Wexford!!

100% completion factor. You might want to go back to the general aviation section where you might have a clue

That must be why the Horizon pilot at my crashpad is getting called in to fly the flights that Replublic can't staff. The flights may be completed, but Horizon is still bailing them out.

Last edited:
I think the its not so much pilot shortage as it is growth. Some people want to throw rocks saying that its because no one wants to work for crappy wages..... Its aviation, its crappy one way or another you are gonna have to give something of yourself to be in this business. Its emotional or Financial. The people that dont like Mesa or Republic are the ones that are stuck at the same seniority number every 28 days when the bids come out. Just be gald we are not Flight Attendants, They have it much worse, not only the company want to screw with them. They have to deal with the pissed off pax......

They are. 170's vs CRJ700's.....do you like to bend over when you have to take a pi$$?

100% completion factor. You might want to go back to the general aviation section where you might have a clue

Are you kidding me? 100% completion factor? Republic just canceled an overnight out of DEN last night because of no captain.

There is never ever going to be a shortage. There will always be someone willing to do the job at 250hrs.
The growth really has stopped since 911, just there are a lot of empty schools in america that are dying for students. We need to educate the future pilots about what this industry is all about. The less people in training is more money available in the future.

THE FRONTIER CUSTOMERS ARE ALREADY EXPRESSING HOW MUCH THEY LIKE REPUBIC! Great people, great service, great airplane.
BUH-BYE HORIZON, bets of luck to you.

Just like to CAL customers were so happy to see CHQ....oh wait, I think those customers got bumped and are still waiting to get on that weight restricted flight.

Latest resources

Back