Crew Sched called 8 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
This may not be popular to say, but now is NOT THE TIME to screw with the system. Some of you whiners amaze me. Look around, we have bigger problems right now than "getting back" at schedulers. We have fellow employees that have LOST EVERYTHING and a parent corporation (DAL) that is on the verge of collapse. I don't care who is to blame for this mess, the first priority is to put aside our differences and pull together until this crises is over. I encourage those of you on your WOE campaigns and 100% campaigns to suspend them until we are over this hurdle. Now is NOT THE TIME! When you feel like you've gotten screwed by scheduling, just think of our fellow employees and others who have lost everything. Things could be MUCH worse.

Joe

If ASA had any real organization, or focus, or plan of action, then I might agree with you. Our schedulers have always been the company's pit bulls. When you speak to scheduling, you can hear the chaos and dissaray. Pilots pay the price for the short comings of every other department, and frankly we're tired of it.

Nothing we do at ASA will keep DAL from hitting the ice berg. If we turned in stellar performance, this would not make one iota of difference....not to mention DAL is no longer our parent company.

If Skywest treats up well, and resolves our contract issues, and fires the old ASA management (incl. Wille and every scheduler), then I might be willing to go the extra mile for them. I have no loyalty to DAL, and by the addition of Mesa to DCI, and our sale, DAL has no loyalty to us.

This is where I come out, brother.

ASADriver said:
Well said Joe! I am personally giving 200%. Many of the pilots I talk to agree. It is only a vocal minority that is trying to disrupt things. It is time for the silent majority to use peer pressure to educate those people that they are doing more harm than good. Is everthing perfect? No, it never is.

You are falling into Managements trap. If we start giving 110%, management will continue with their game because there wouldn't be any incentive to settle anything with the pilot' s or flight attendants... Don't you remember the last contract?? It finally took all the pilots to write legal write-ups to bring the company to a stand still. Then they gave in and settled. It shouldn't be that way. That's managements choice, NOT OURS!!! Management guides the direction. If they treat us well, we treat them well. That shi*t on us, they get shat upon... Any other company I have worked for gives you rewards for doing well. This place is way to corrupt. Spit out your Kool-aid and rinse with scope. By the way, I do single engine taxi, I do try to make on time performance. If I'm late, I willl hurry on the ground. I only do this for the passengers, because they rely on us. I could give a fat dang about management.

Last edited:
ASADriver said:
Well said Joe! I am personally giving 200%. Many of the pilots I talk to agree. It is only a vocal minority that is trying to disrupt things. It is time for the silent majority to use peer pressure to educate those people that they are doing more harm than good. Is everthing perfect? No, it never is.

Who is being disruptive? We're just talking about doing our jobs. Pilots trying not to be exploited are not being disruptive.

And which of our fellow employees lost everything? I don't know any.

Palerider957 said:
If ASA had any real organization, or focus, or plan of action, then I might agree with you. Our schedulers have always been the company's pit bulls. When you speak to scheduling, you can hear the chaos and dissaray. Pilots pay the price for the short comings of every other department, and frankly we're tired of it.

Nothing we do at ASA will keep DAL from hitting the ice berg. If we turned in stellar performance, this would not make one iota of difference....not to mention DAL is no longer our parent company.

Well, using your logic, not turning in a stellar performance also won't make "one iota of difference", correct? In other words, if going above and beyond doesn't make any difference, what does doing the opposite accomplish at this time?

As to your comment,
"If ASA had any real organization, or focus, or plan of action",
I might agree with you if ALPA had any "real organization, or focus, or plan of action". However ALPA is suffering from the exact same shortcomings.

Palerider957 said:
If Skywest treats up well, and resolves our contract issues, and fires the old ASA management (incl. Wille and every scheduler), then I might be willing to go the extra mile for them. I have no loyalty to DAL, and by the addition of Mesa to DCI, and our sale, DAL has no loyalty to us.

This is where I come out, brother.

Well "brother", you may not have any loyalty to DAL, but whether you like it or not, DAL pays the bills. Without DAL, there will be no ASA. My loyalty right now lies with who can deliver me a paycheck. ALPA won't deliver you a paycheck, and ALPA doesn't necessarily do what is best for it's membership.

"Brother" Joe

captain caveman said:
Who is being disruptive? We're just talking about doing our jobs. Pilots trying not to be exploited are not being disruptive.

If I was being "exploited" as you say, I would quit. I have to question the judgement of one who remains with a company who "exploits" them. Is someone forcing you to be "exploited"?

captain caveman said:
And which of our fellow employees lost everything? I don't know any.

GPT station personal. ASA flew in relief supplies yesterday for these employees. I guess they were just being "exploited".

Joe

IFLYASA said:
Don't you remember the last contract?? It finally took all the pilots to write legal write-ups to bring the company to a stand still. Then they gave in and settled.

I remember it VERY well. That was a VERY DIFFERENT TIME under VERY DIFFERENT circumstances. Look around, this isn't 1998.

hoover said:
Don't harp on the schedulers. Just like you, they have a job to do and they try to do it to the best of their ability. Their job is to get the trips covered. From their perspective, if pilots would just show up for their trips, then their wouldn't be a problem.

If you have a problem with the staffing levels or scheduling/work rules, then take if up with your Chief Pilot. Leave the schedulers be.

Sure so when I was assigned a trip that was contractually illegal and scheduling said to bad and the chief pilot said grieve it. You're an idiot.

re: Joe Barnett

JoeMerchant said:
This may not be popular to say, but now is NOT THE TIME to screw with the system. Some of you whiners amaze me. Look around, we have bigger problems right now than "getting back" at schedulers. We have fellow employees that have LOST EVERYTHING and a parent corporation (DAL) that is on the verge of collapse. I don't care who is to blame for this mess, the first priority is to put aside our differences and pull together until this crises is over. I encourage those of you on your WOE campaigns and 100% campaigns to suspend them until we are over this hurdle. Now is NOT THE TIME! When you feel like you've gotten screwed by scheduling, just think of our fellow employees and others who have lost everything. Things could be MUCH worse.

Joe

Well Skip (didn't you leave today???)..oh, I mean Joe, I'm pretty sure DAL will
still be paying the bill for our service to our new owner even in bankruptcy.
I see no way DAL can avoid bankruptcy at this time, so nothing we do will
stop it. I doubt we will see any change in service or how we operate on a
daily basis. On the other hand, I expect to see our contract negotiations
come to a stand still as the company will blame the change of ownership
and they will probably want to start over from the beginning. That's what
I'm waiting to see.

As far as the flying goes, you fly the way you want. You probably know ASA
better than I do and you know that it does not take any extra effort to be
late every day.

I guess the motto - "Fly fast, burn Skip's gas" is going to have to be changed
today. Any ideas for a new one?

>And which of our fellow employees lost everything? I don't know any.<

There is a list on MJs desk of about 35 pilots that are still not heard from.

601Pilot said:
Well Skip (didn't you leave today???)..oh, I mean Joe,

Ahhh.... yes... the old you must be management argument technique. Very predictable. For the record, I'm glad he is moving on down the road. I also would like to see CT move on down the road. While we're at it, I wouldn't mind seeing some people in ALPA, starting with our hypocritical Pres. DW move on down the road.

601Pilot said:
I'm pretty sure DAL will
still be paying the bill for our service to our new owner even in bankruptcy.

Only if we are cost competitive with the competition. You are familiar with what happened to ACA, Air Wisc., ALG, and PDT after USAir and United filed BK? They all had very good contracts, and now 3 of the 4 are either gone or do not provide lift for UAL/USAir. The 4th. did not get any new flying and took paycuts.

601Pilot said:
I guess the motto - "Fly fast, burn Skip's gas" is going to have to be changed
today. Any ideas for a new one?

First of all, it's OUR gas and OUR company. We don't have Skip's golden parachute. Secondly, you might want to try "cut off our nose to spite our face" for a motto.

Latest resources

Back