• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew luggage ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any others out there using the Purdy Neat international bag? The website mentioned that it doesn't qualify as a "carry-on" bag? What's that all about? Also, how does it fit in the overhead of a 737NG? Looking to get something bigger than the one I have now.

Heyas,

Had my PNT since 98. Still going strong. Sent it back for refurb once (new wheels/handle/zippers) at the six year point, which was $90.

After 10 years, I finally wore through the striker plate, which they replaced while I waited at the Stopover Store in MSP for about $20.

I clean the wheels once a year, and that's about it.

Well worth the $$.

Nu

Exact same for me - minus the cleaning of the wheels. 98' buy - once to pair and a new handle. Use mine to sit on and it's solid as can be. PNS is the way to go!

Baja.

I'm curious about the Purdy Neat Stuff Stealth line. It's pricey but I wonder if anybody has any good, bad, or ugly experience with these bags. Are they worth the extra $$$? (about $320) I can get another Travel pro for less than half ($140) but I need something that can hold up. Suggestions are welcome...
Thanks

PNS has a bag for $99 (The Regal). My old tank (PNS Stealth) saw its last leg. The cheap $99 has the same roller blade wheels, and is much lighter than the PNS Stealth. I've had it for 6 months, and it's doing well. Here's a link:

http://www.luggageworksonline.com/browser.asp?ItemCodeId=57506099&showcase=yes&Start=0

I got the 27" PNTCO bag and have been runnin' it for 11 years now :)eek:)

Paid $250 for it back in the day.

The ONLY drawback to these bags is their weight.

They are built like an M1 tank. The only issues I've dealt with are the standard zipper-pull things and the FLUF-related damage (the bag ain't sized for the light-twin).

Any others out there using the Purdy Neat international bag? The website mentioned that it doesn't qualify as a "carry-on" bag? What's that all about? Also, how does it fit in the overhead of a 737NG? Looking to get something bigger than the one I have now.

I've been using the Purdy international bag for around ten years now. Good bag, but it is heavy (even empty). If you position internationally, you'll be hit with fees for the weight of the bag (when packed) on many non-US carriers. Doesn't bother me, the company picks up that charge!

That said it is a very durable bag. The roller-blade wheels are darn near indestructible. The rest of it takes a beating over time when I'm forced to check it (I keep contemplating getting a throwaway bag like a travel pro for those trips). If I only carried it on, it would last a very long time. As it is, mine has been back to Purdy twice for overhaul - it comes back in like new condition (as it should for the cost).

Regarding not being a carry on - the guidance I've been able to find is that for most airlines the Length + Width + Depth needs to total 45 inches or less for a carry on. I don't have a tape measure to take to mine right now, but I'm guessing it exceeds that. I do know it is too long to fit in the luggage sizing boxes. That said, when positioning in uniform I've never had an issue (again, with US carriers; non-US all bets are off).

As far as fitting in a NG overhead - the international is too longl to fit into any overhead I've seen laterally (with respect to the fuselage). It will go into about any of them longitudinally.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it, just get another travelpro. I've had a travelpro crew 6 for 3.5 years and I check it, thats right I check it twice a week, it's been sliding around on a diamond plate floor of a cargo bird just as long. replaced the wheels once and that was about a month ago, smooth sailing otherwise.

I've been using the Purdy international bag for around ten years now. Good bag, but it is heavy (even empty). If you position internationally, you'll be hit with fees for the weight of the bag (when packed) on many non-US carriers. Doesn't bother me, the company picks up that charge!

That said it is a very durable bag. The roller-blade wheels are darn near indestructible. The rest of it takes a beating over time when I'm forced to check it (I keep contemplating getting a throwaway bag like a travel pro for those trips). If I only carried it on, it would last a very long time. As it is, mine has been back to Purdy twice for overhaul - it comes back in like new condition (as it should for the cost).

Regarding not being a carry on - the guidance I've been able to find is that for most airlines the Length + Width + Depth needs to total 45 inches or less for a carry on. I don't have a tape measure to take to mine right now, but I'm guessing it exceeds that. I do know it is too long to fit in the luggage sizing boxes. That said, when positioning in uniform I've never had an issue (again, with US carriers; non-US all bets are off).

As far as fitting in a NG overhead - the international is too longl to fit into any overhead I've seen laterally (with respect to the fuselage). It will go into about any of them longitudinally.

Pretty much what he said.

Strongbags are awesome!

If you like Chinese crap.

Dude, where is the t-shirt you're wearing from?

In case you haven't noticed, PNT's skin is made in China as well. So are all their other bags.

Look in the bag for that "Made In China" tag and you'll find it.

Strongbags has fixed the zipper problem, and came out with the best zippers I've experienced with luggage so far.

I've had 3 PNT bags, 2 plastic frame bags which broke within 14 months. The metal frame is good, but it's heavier than the Strongbag V2.

Put the new Strongbag V2 next to a PNT stealth and they are very comparible.

Strongbags beats the PNT in price, weight, with replaceable parts.

Save some money and go with a Strongbag. Plus the guy who owns the company is a pilot.

PNT bags are good, and whatever you decide, It would be between these 2 products, but save some money and go with a Strongbag. You'll really like it.

I talked to quite a few pilots with the new Strongbags V2 version, and they say they will never buy a PNT bag again.

Ski

Latest resources

Back