• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew luggage ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get the PNS bag I have had mine for 6 years and just replaced the wheels for the first time, that was with commuting.

Order from the Outer Marker Crew Shop. I think I paid $269 for mine their. www.outermarker.com Dennis will ship it for free and probably put your name on the handle or at least send you a couple custom crew tags.

If you get the Stealth bag, it has a 3 year warranty. Do what I did, at the 2 yr 9 mo point, sent it back in for refurbishment. They replaced everything that could have been replaced on it for free. It was like I got a whole new bag in return.

Thirteen years and counting on the Purdy Neat international bag. The screw in the old handle kept backing out: replaced with new style handle, no charge. Air France baggage monkeys tore a side pocket: repaired, no charge. Dropped the bag by accident from the baggage door of a G-IV to the ramp (about a 6 foot drop): scratched the paint on the frame. Wheels and zippers: still rolls without a squeak and the zippers still close without a problem. Heavy? Yes. Worth every penny? Oh very yes.

My Samsonite hardside has been holding up well for 2 years now. It comes with locks for those pesky thieves in hotels. It comes with a loop hook for adding a flight case, but I took the travelpro hook and paid a alteration shop $3.00 to sew them together. Many discounts out there, and it sells for under $200. Works well.

I have a TravelPro that I've had for maybe 5 years - works great. A few part replacements but other than that, great.

But - one thing about the PurtyNeat bags that I've seen is they are well balanced. It's something about their design that makes it very easy to pull even when loaded with a flight bag and the handle is better than the TravelPro.

I'd go around the crew room and "test pull" some bags and see what you like and how heavy they are.

I bought a Purdy neat bag at the end of Sept 01 at the AA Flight Academy in DFW.

I commute weekly, so my bag gets use and abuse almost weekly.

I still have it; yeah, a few zipper pulls are gone, the frame has been beat to hell and back from sadistic rampers the world over, the paint is scratched off, but the integrity of the compartment is still intact - the side pockets are all still there; no rolling issues whatsoever.

Cant say it enough - get a Purdy Neat. Yeah, its heavy, BUT, its nearly indestructible. There is a reason you see guys industry-wide pulling them through airports.

For those of us who are old enough to remember the old Samonite commercials with the Gorillas throwing their old bags around - I would like to see it remade with a PNT bag.

I paid around 250-275 back in 2001 for mine; money VERY well spent. Mine has given me 8-1/2 good years so far, and its not even ready for a refurb.

Last edited:
Heyas,

Had my PNT since 98. Still going strong. Sent it back for refurb once (new wheels/handle/zippers) at the six year point, which was $90.

After 10 years, I finally wore through the striker plate, which they replaced while I waited at the Stopover Store in MSP for about $20.

I clean the wheels once a year, and that's about it.

Well worth the $$.

Nu

Set of 3 Tumi bags which I have had for 12yrs that average 100-175K miles per year (including a lot of flying in/out of crap hole Chinese airports). I had to replace the rivets on one handle but otherwise same wheels, nylon, etc. Slightly pricey but probably the best luggage I have ever had, very little fraying looks almost new.

Latest resources

Back