• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew Bags on CRJ200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard from a CP that we had a capt. in ATL that went to baggage claim to find his bag at departure time. Guess what he got?

7 unpaid days off! Nice. Even the CP said the punishment didn't fit the stupidity.

Mesa . . .

1. Cram that bastard into the overhead bid. Keep it in a forward compartment so you can keep an eye on it (I've seen passengers "accidentally" take it twice now).

2. Or, cargo compartment, if you must. Just check after each and every flight to make sure it gets put back on. I guarantee though, on your last flight of a 5 day trip, you'll forget to check and it will be left at an outstation . . . probably with your car keys that you left in there too. See option 1.

synchoff said:
Mesa . . .

1. Cram that bastard into the overhead bid. Keep it in a forward compartment so you can keep an eye on it (I've seen passengers "accidentally" take it twice now).

2. Or, cargo compartment, if you must. Just check after each and every flight to make sure it gets put back on. I guarantee though, on your last flight of a 5 day trip, you'll forget to check and it will be left at an outstation . . . probably with your car keys that you left in there too. See option 1.

thats what i used to do... It works perfectly so long as you change out of your uniform shirt (and hide your id) before leaving the airplane so the gate agents cant figure out you are the pilot and give you that "urgent message" from screw scheduling blessing you with another trip.

propjockey said:
I don't know what percentage, but it seems like most of the 200s have the modified closet door, but there are still a lot that don't.

Getting two bags into the modified closet is still a pain unless you have a small bag. Getting two regular sized bags in there is about as hard as getting a cat into a bathtub.

I saw the note also so I took it out of the overhead bin and pink-tagged it and sent it to the back on the last round trip. When I got it back after ONE round trip, it had two zippers bent in half and my crew tag was gone.
I think I'll send the repair bill in and tell them either pay me or it goes back upstairs....

GO AROUND said:
Heard from a CP that we had a capt. in ATL that went to baggage claim to find his bag at departure time. Guess what he got?

7 unpaid days off! Nice. Even the CP said the punishment didn't fit the stupidity.

Awesome. I need some time off.

srjorion said:
Getting two bags into the modified closet is still a pain unless you have a small bag. Getting two regular sized bags in there is about as hard as getting a cat into a bathtub.

As long as they're standard sized (ie PNT), and not overstuffed, two bags fit fine in the closet. The key is to lay them on their sides and not try to stand them up. I wish the doors opened a few inches wider, though.

HoserASA said:
ASA is adamant that pilots on the 200 stow their crew bags in the cargo bin vs inside the cabin. We stow in the cabin becauise they get lost/misplaced/damaged in the back. The only way to stow inside is if the small cabinet next to the cockpit has been modified with the new door so that bags can fit in there. We've tried the deal with the 'placing your bag in the yellow bags' but the rampers lose the yellow bags, so that's been sheetcanned.

Other operators of the 200, what's your company's policy on this?
What? Are you afraid the rampies are going to lose the cheap Gateway laptop your mammie gave ya? Thanks for giving me another reason to not ride on a regional airline...if your luggage is too good to ride with rest, my money is too good to provide you a job. Thanks for playing!

ATR-DRIVR said:
I think I'll send the repair bill in and tell them either pay me or it goes back upstairs....

Good luck with the first part of that. AS for the second, apparantly our new fed has been sitting at the bottom of the steps as our crews get off and violating those that have their bags inside when they "shouldn't". Just be careful.

FN FAL said:
What? Are you afraid the rampies are going to lose the cheap Gateway laptop your mammie gave ya? Thanks for giving me another reason to not ride on a regional airline...if your luggage is too good to ride with rest, my money is too good to provide you a job. Thanks for playing!

FN, There is a little difference between a passengers bag riding for 1 leg and ours riding for 18 legs in 3 days. And most of us are more worried about having our bags pulled when they aren't supposed to be than anything else. There's not a lot of things worse than getting to your overnight and not having a bag to take to the hotel.

Latest resources

Back