• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew Bags on CRJ200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember, years ago, chasing customers down in the terminal after they "accidentally" took my bag out of the coat-closet on the Jetstream.

<shrug> Same story. Different airplane. It's unfortunate, but its part of being a commuter pilot.

Scooter-trash just wasn't designed with crew needs at heart. (The CRJ's bag-closet before they got the security door was woefully inadequate when everyone started dragging around Hum-Vee sized "pretty neat stuff" bags.)

Solution? Premanently mounted crew-bag "cage" in aft cargo. Just big enough to isolate crew-bags from pax bags and offer a visual barrier to ground-crew. Issue memo to rampers, "though shalt not enter here under penalty of death".

atrdriver said:
There's not a lot of things worse than getting to your overnight and not having a bag to take to the hotel.

Sooner or later it will happen.

When it does, the pilot shall refuse further duty until his personal effects are available for grooming/ dressing....a vital part of this profession.

End of story.

What? Are you afraid the rampies are going to lose the cheap Gateway laptop your mammie gave ya? Thanks for giving me another reason to not ride on a regional airline...if your luggage is too good to ride with rest, my money is too good to provide you a job. Thanks for playing!

Oh do I wish you knew who Hoser was. I could introduce you. Of course that computer his "mammie" gave him might find its way up your arse! Go back to the playground kid.

I have been putting mine in the overhead and my bag has never been lost or damaged.

If I started putting it in the back you know what is going to happen! There are tons of stories out there of lost and damaged bags from being put in the cargo comp.

Now that the PAX are not putting their bags in the overheads there is plenty of room for the crews. Your right mgt. will do anything to make the pilots and FA's jobs more difficult, now they have to spend time every flight making sure their bags are ok and still with the plane.

What a JOKE, there has to be a way to let the bags stay in the plane where the crews can keep an eye on them. Last three bins is a good idea.

I hope ASA mgt is paying attention to this post because I would guess this is how the who pilot and FA group feels.

Quit always doing something to PO the pilots and FA's. Treat the group a little better and maybe ASA will go somewhere.

As was stated before, be careful. The FAA and the TSA in their infinite wisdom have determined that crew bags in the overhead bins are a security risk since the passengers can access the contents (maybe steal your "pilot" underwear?!). Anyway, this is the reason for the yellow bags and bags in the back...not a "plot" by management. So no matter where your bag goes, "user beware"!

Funny, we've never heard the TSA security slant on having the crew bags in the overheads. With revised crew and pax weights last spring our company came out with a memo stating crew bags were no longer included in the crew weight. As long as we have a passenger check an oversized bag planeside, our bag is good in the cabin- crew bags are then considered part of the pax weight. Weird, huh?

CRJ puppy said:
As was stated before, be careful. The FAA and the TSA in their infinite wisdom have determined that crew bags in the overhead bins are a security risk since the passengers can access the contents (maybe steal your "pilot" underwear?!). Anyway, this is the reason for the yellow bags and bags in the back...not a "plot" by management. So no matter where your bag goes, "user beware"!

ASA management.....I'm not buying that it is the FAA/TSA saying bags cant go into the cabin, because I'm hearing all these other airlines are allowed. Is it just a rule for ASA? I dont think so! Seems like just another way to mess with us.

And PS. Who is this ASA fed that waits at the steps to check on this? Seems like a true A-hole! Dont these guys have anything more important to do than hand out BS violations to hard working crew members who are just trying to do a job and go the heck home???? This profession is truely starting to PISS ME OFF!!!!

CRJ puppy said:

So they can access a bag that they have screened through security? They can also access their bags that fit in the overhead. And what about on a bigger airplane where you can carry on your rollaboard? You could access a whole lot of bags in that situation.

I hope I don't see a passenger trying to cause a commotion with my Colgate and Head N Shoulders.

Crash Pad said:
This is just another example of ASA management shredding our QOL. Last night I was on an overnight at the bar in my uniform because the rampers lost my luggage. STRIKE NOW

Actually, this is just another example of an ASA pilot making idiotic accusations.

Its not a TSA/FAA security deal. As of last month at PSA, crew bags are required to go in the overheads above row 10 and 11.

Latest resources

Back