Crew Bags on CRJ200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HoserASA

ASA is adamant that pilots on the 200 stow their crew bags in the cargo bin vs inside the cabin. We stow in the cabin becauise they get lost/misplaced/damaged in the back. The only way to stow inside is if the small cabinet next to the cockpit has been modified with the new door so that bags can fit in there. We've tried the deal with the 'placing your bag in the yellow bags' but the rampers lose the yellow bags, so that's been sheetcanned.

Other operators of the 200, what's your company's policy on this?

This is just another example of ASA management shredding our QOL. Last night I was on an overnight at the bar in my uniform because the rampers lost my luggage. STRIKE NOW

Crash Pad said:
This is just another example of ASA management shredding our QOL. Last night I was on an overnight at the bar in my uniform because the rampers lost my luggage. STRIKE NOW
I'll bet it was a lot easier to pick up chicks that way, though. ;)

Unfortunately the bags are usually gone to bag claim by the time of a post-flight inspection! They just ignore all those 'crew bag' tags for some reason.;)

At the larger airports it's a betch getting that bag back, and being on-time :D . Sent an email to our ALPA reps asking for their help in allowing us to put our bags in the cabin.

Hoser

Ignorance has been bliss for me on this situation, right up until I read our ALPA board last night and saw a thread about it.

I've always just stuffed my bag in the overhead and forgotten about it. Bad FO, bad! :smash: Guess the company and I don't share the same "vision".

Now you're "SkyWest," you oughta just do what we do at SkyWest -- put 'em in the overhead bins. I don't know what percentage, but it seems like most of the 200s have the modified closet door, but there are still a lot that don't. For all that don't have it, they go in the overhead bins. I don't know anyone who puts their bags in the back.

Latest resources

Back