• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crew Bags on CRJ200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are they gonna do, fire me???? Go ahead!

Write me up, fine me, do what you want. I have too many other fukin things to worry about than where I'm going to put my bag. And it's definitely NOT going back with the cargo. I learned that lesson a long time ago. And what the heLL is up with the lines next month. Take a deep breath, breathe.....breathe........

Duhhh!

Doesn't the FAA have anything better to do, like working on our old rest rules and some the long exhausting unsafe days we work.

Hey how about working on the mgt. that is making the whole pilot group so mad. Being upset with mgt all the time is affecting safety because all the of BS the pilots have to think about and it makes it hard to focus on our jobs.

How can you expect a unhappy pilot to be a 100% safe pilot.

It is amazing some of the things they focus on.

Did they not look a the weight and balance wheel, we can add the bag weights in the section the bags are in!!!!!!!!!!!

How hard would this be to solve the problem.

Done everyone gets what they want.

spike said:
company policy: outside
my policy: always inside no matter what.

It is always easier to deal with saying sorry, than chasing a bag you'll never find again. if my bag disappears, i'm going home sick.

Maybe so, but I'm not willing to get violated for where my bag is. I have a lot more things to worry about. I will put mine in the back on the a/c without the modified closets, and just check every leg that it gets put back in the cargo compartment.

And yes, I think that the feds SHOULD have better things to do than try to violate us for little unimportant things like this, but apparantly our new fed doesn't agree. Until he makes enough people mad and gets kicked out of his current post, he is the one we have to deal with. He's the classic fed on a power trip trying to rip pilots.

It happened about a year ago.

Pouring rain, the rampers in ATL left my bag sitting out, marinating in the yellow bag full of water. I was unaware.

Arrive at the overnight with a water-logged bag....must've weighed 60 pounds, I couldn't even hitch my flight kit on....wheels wouldn't turn under the weight.

Spent my 12 hr layover drying/cleaning my clothes. My shirt smelled like toothpaste the next day, and my sneakers reeked like the Atlanta zoo.

Like an asswhole, I wasted my entire layover fixing what management neglected.....just like we pilots always do.

What do we do when this happens again?

ATR-DRIVR said:
Exactly what would the 'violation' say?

"Failure to comply with FAA approved company policy", which is just as regulatory as the FAR's. Or something to that effect.

The feds in ATL...

Last edited:
Puck Mugger said:
This from a guy with Captain Stabbin as his avatar.

Meow! What a bunch of pus$ies! You guys should hear yourselves! It's like I work with a bunch of f@gs! No wonder mgmt works us over so hard, they get such good results from all the conspiracy theorists (mgmt must be getting the FAA to enforce the bag rule, the FAA should be on our side blah blah blah). Grow some fellas! Quit making the rest of us look like idiots.

Latest resources

Back