Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ultra Grump said:
Oh, and just for fun:

Captain/PIC (Small Jet) [font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25th%ile [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Median [/font][font=arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]75th%ile
[/font][font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York, NY[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$97,097[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$113,099[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$134,543[/font]

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Los Angeles, CA[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$93,694[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$109,136[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$129,828[/font]

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the United States[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$86,028[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$101,574[/font] [font=verdana, arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$122,487[/font]

Here's the job description these salaries are based on:

[font=verdana,arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ensures that trip of assigned flight (aircraft smaller than 12,500 pounds at takeoff) is conducted in the safest manner possible....

I'd be pretty happy with the national average pay, and we don't even have any of those <12,500 jets...
[/font]

And just for fun, why don't you try wearing your pager/blackberry for 30 days straight and be on call like most corporate pilots?

Apples to apples...

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Iflyou-

actually the push to flush toilet is one lightbulb. It's either on or off and you can't break a plane due to that light. It's in the mel under convience items. Cat C i believe.

nice try. How much time in the B200? looking across the ramp at it doesn't count. Looks like you got both wrong.

Diesel said:
Iflyou-

actually the push to flush toilet is one lightbulb. It's either on or off and you can't break a plane due to that light. It's in the mel under convience items. Cat C i believe.

nice try. How much time in the B200? looking across the ramp at it doesn't count. Looks like you got both wrong.

Ah Diesel, you know he speaks the TRUTH, but again this is a public board and you will never admit to what he says.

Diesel don't kid yourself, this plays out 50 times a day at NJA. Call it what you will, but it looks like a slowdown to us layman.

The Truth Hurts and no one will ever admit it.

TTC

I don't give a crap trust me. I'll tell you the truth. The truth is you can't ground a plane due to a "flush" lightbulb. There is a book called an MEL. (for the non pilots it's a Minimum Equipment List). If the item is not an MEL it can be MCO'd which will keep the plane flying.

So if the truth hurts why don't you actually use the truth. Jesus use an example that actually presents the facts instead of these half knowing ideas that have no merit.

Scroll through on your little screen and find an airplane that is broken that you don't feel should have been broken. Then PM me and i'll explain in layman terms what it means.

Or you can just perform routine mx on these planes and fix the crap that's about to be broken.

Diesel said:
I don't give a crap trust me. I'll tell you the truth. The truth is you can't ground a plane due to a "flush" lightbulb. There is a book called an MEL. (for the non pilots it's a Minimum Equipment List). If the item is not an MEL it can be MCO'd which will keep the plane flying.

So if the truth hurts why don't you actually use the truth. Jesus use an example that actually presents the facts instead of these half knowing ideas that have no merit.

Scroll through on your little screen and find an airplane that is broken that you don't feel should have been broken. Then PM me and i'll explain in layman terms what it means.

Or you can just perform routine mx on these planes and fix the crap that's about to be broken.

Ok, maybe THAT particular light is in the MEL but YOU KNOW which ones aren't. Just look at what he said as a "metaphor." No need to get hostile.

Fix the crap that is "about" to be broken? What are you saying here? Do you know of something that is "about" to break? Isn't that what I posted earlier when I said that guys know about these problems and then WAIT until they are in the middle of nowhere to write them up? Could this be a Freudian slip?

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Last edited:
man you really are an idiot.

I'll explain this slowly since FS2004 is your job. MX will not fix anything unless it's written up. It's a paperwork thing. So lets take brakes. Brakes have a device that show you how much pad is left. As this pin get's closer to being flush you need to replace the brakes.

So you call mx and say we're getting pretty tight on this brake. It will last the day but can you guys do a break change tonight while we're in PBI. MX says is the pin flush? You say no but it will be i'm just letting you know. Mx says write it up when it's flush. sigh

So the next day you do one leg. The pin is flush after that landing and it's time to write up the plane.

I could explain my job to you all day but it's not going to help. So before you run your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. You don't even have the stones to say what you DO. You probably don't even work for NJA.

But i'm bored and i don't mind explaining my job in very simple slow terms.

TheTruthCMH said:
And just for fun, why don't you try wearing your pager/blackberry for 30 days straight and be on call like most corporate pilots?

Apples to apples...

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Actually troll if you looked at how much they work compared to how much we work you would see that we do way more work than a corporate pilot. Sorry you're stuck on the management concept that if you're strapped to a pager then you get more pay.

Take a breath mint, you have dookie breath.
The truth hurts.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Diesel said:
MX will not fix anything unless it's written up. It's a paperwork thing. So lets take brakes. Brakes have a device that show you how much pad is left. As this pin get's closer to being flush you need to replace the brakes.

So you call mx and say we're getting pretty tight on this brake. It will last the day but can you guys do a break change tonight while we're in PBI. MX says is the pin flush? You say no but it will be i'm just letting you know. Mx says write it up when it's flush. sigh

So the next day you do one leg. The pin is flush after that landing and it's time to write up the plane.

Pardon the hijack of the thread -

It is astonishing how often this same scenario plays out at (probably) all the fractionals. I've tried to do my best to assist scheduling by contacting maintenance with an issue, usually something that is intermittent or the worn brake/tire scenario: "Here's what I'm seeing, it is working / serviceable AT THE MOMENT. I suggest either you (maintenance) choose where to fix it, or the airplane will choose. And in accordance with Murphy, the airplane finally breaks for good in BFE. We see a large number of ferry permits being issued or mx being performed in BFE for this very reason. Either one usually results in an owner disservice. The cost associated with not heeding the advice of the flight crews - in just this one instance - has to be huge. In essence what I'm offering with this advice is an opportunity for both scheduling and maintenance to plan ahead and not be reactionary. I fail to understand why, but I really think they like bleeding the company in this manner.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled squabble.

PfP

TheTruthCMH said:
Try apples to apples not apples to oranges. If you were to compare a police SGT to a pilot then you would have to move up to chief pilot.

If you want to compare the principle to a pilot then you move to the director of operations.

Why don't you post what a "line" officer makes? I believe FG's point was right on the mark.

The Truth Hurts

TTC
Actually, no. I use police sergeant and principal (as well as HS teacher, which you failed to note) because for "pilot" it's actually "Captain." Not "First Officer." If you want to use the lowest payscale/responsibility for your argument, I can do that, too. Does the truth hurt?

Latest resources

Back