Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could this be the ASA ATR's replacement's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,
Not heard anything in the rumor mill here yet, but the company is anticipating some growth on the UEX side. I wouldn't be surprised to see PNCL Holdings try to consolidate it's DL code-share operations out of ATL. It makes a lot of sense from a business perspective for PNCL.
Now, having said that do I want to see any ASA pilots getting shafted? Absolutely not! I see way too much animosity generated amongst the pilots from different regionals on here. In some cases these people belong to the same unions! It is absurd to maintain this feeling of angst amongst ourselves playing out in terminals, crewrooms and cockpit jumpseats. We are all professionals, and hopefully ladies and gentleman as well.
Being an airline pilot is being a part of something much bigger than our paychecks, lifestyle and company logo. I am now, and will remain an airline pilot first and an employee second in how I conduct myself with my peers.
All the best to our ASA friends and neighbors...I'd gladly buy any one of you a round given the chance someday.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

*putting this in the RIGHT freaking thread....

How can somebody with 54 million or so in market capitalization get a fleet of 30 Q400s? How does this make sense?

ASA gets the shaft, and anyone else that Colganusickle can undercut...

When you see the first Q400 in USAirways colors operated by someone other than PDT, listen really closely... you'll hear a lot of parking brakes being set and the MX telephone in HQ going *sizzle....BOOM*.

Sad times for all of us.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they flew them for much better rates.

But o' well, nothing in this industry should ever surpise us at all.

Take this for what it's worth, but big D is putting jet bridges on ALL gates, including D. Can the ATR use a jet bridge?

Take this for what it's worth, but big D is putting jet bridges on ALL gates, including D. Can the ATR use a jet bridge?
Yeah AE used to do it in Ohare for the ATR's and the Q400 can also use jetways.

interesting.... there are rumors of the MEM based Saabs for Mesaba being moved to the ATL as a replacement for the ATR's.... Not sure that will happen other than I could easily see MEM looking like PIT here soon (and CVG for that matter)

Latest resources

Back