Could this be the ASA ATR's replacement's?

Kaman

Total Time
Hello,
Not heard anything in the rumor mill here yet, but the company is anticipating some growth on the UEX side. I wouldn't be surprised to see PNCL Holdings try to consolidate it's DL code-share operations out of ATL. It makes a lot of sense from a business perspective for PNCL.
Now, having said that do I want to see any ASA pilots getting shafted? Absolutely not! I see way too much animosity generated amongst the pilots from different regionals on here. In some cases these people belong to the same unions! It is absurd to maintain this feeling of angst amongst ourselves playing out in terminals, crewrooms and cockpit jumpseats. We are all professionals, and hopefully ladies and gentleman as well.
Being an airline pilot is being a part of something much bigger than our paychecks, lifestyle and company logo. I am now, and will remain an airline pilot first and an employee second in how I conduct myself with my peers.
All the best to our ASA friends and neighbors...I'd gladly buy any one of you a round given the chance someday.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Sig

Total Time
100%
*putting this in the RIGHT freaking thread....

How can somebody with 54 million or so in market capitalization get a fleet of 30 Q400s? How does this make sense?

ASA gets the shaft, and anyone else that Colganusickle can undercut...

When you see the first Q400 in USAirways colors operated by someone other than PDT, listen really closely... you'll hear a lot of parking brakes being set and the MX telephone in HQ going *sizzle....BOOM*.

Sad times for all of us.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
It wouldn't bother me so much if they flew them for much better rates.

But o' well, nothing in this industry should ever surpise us at all.

coorsFlight

I GOT DA BEARss BY A MILE
Total Time
(-4)
nothing can replace the ATR!!!!!!

OCP

Total Time
eh...
Take this for what it's worth, but big D is putting jet bridges on ALL gates, including D. Can the ATR use a jet bridge?

SPDBRD747400

World's Favourite Airline
Total Time
mucho
Take this for what it's worth, but big D is putting jet bridges on ALL gates, including D. Can the ATR use a jet bridge?
Yeah AE used to do it in Ohare for the ATR's and the Q400 can also use jetways.

regionalcap

Total Time
What is the latest word on the ATR retirement? Still by December?

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
interesting.... there are rumors of the MEM based Saabs for Mesaba being moved to the ATL as a replacement for the ATR's.... Not sure that will happen other than I could easily see MEM looking like PIT here soon (and CVG for that matter)

JettBoii

We had a senior instructor on the j/s and he said the same thing about the Slobs coming into ATL to cover our ATR flying.

Smacktard

Total Time
4000+
We had a senior instructor on the j/s and he said the same thing about the Slobs coming into ATL to cover our ATR flying.
Someone posted something in another thread a while back about ASA having a contractual right to meet or beat any airline's bid at replacing the ATRs. Any truth to that?

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
Someone posted something in another thread a while back about ASA having a contractual right to meet or beat any airline's bid at replacing the ATRs. Any truth to that?
Sure, but many times JA has said that they won't do short term bids. So, all Delta would do would make it a 5-year contract and Jerry would say no.

enuffalready

Total Time
4000+
i wish you guys would finally figure it out... ASA is NOT the place to be. Regardless if we had 100% completion and flew back in time and arrived at destination before our block out...ASA is going to continue to lose flying..enjoy your line now...only upgrades will be from attrition. its called reality. get used to it

Last edited:

Papa Woody

Total Time
Not sure that will happen other than I could easily see MEM looking like PIT here soon (and CVG for that matter)
Oh, no....

No, no, no.

Delta said they're gonna keep all hubs!

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
i wish you guys would finally figure it out... ASA is NOT the place to be. Regardless if we had 100% completion and flew back in time and arrived at destination before our block out...ASA is going to continue to lose flying..enjoy your line now...only upgrades will be from attrition. its called reality. get used to it
When has ASA ever been the place to be? Maybe in the late 90s, that's about all I can think of.

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
Looking around... How about now?
I know that I wouldn't necessarily want to be in anybody else's shoes, but that doesn't mean that ASA is the place to be.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
I know that I wouldn't necessarily want to be in anybody else's shoes, but that doesn't mean that ASA is the place to be.
Then would you please leave.....Some of us are happy to be here....We don't need people like you here....especially since you are an ALPA rep.....Go find someplace where you are happy.....

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
Sure, but many times JA has said that they won't do short term bids. So, all Delta would do would make it a 5-year contract and Jerry would say no.
JA is smarter than you.....Short term deals that involve capital in this environment aren't a good idea.....