Could JetBlue be next?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JB will be purchased by WN

WN doesn't codeshare with other airlines. That's one of the main pluses to having a hub in JFK, connections to the rest of the world. Also JB is an AirBus operator, not a good fit. I would say the likelihood of that matchup pretty slim.

WN doesn't codeshare with other airlines. That's one of the main pluses to having a hub in JFK, connections to the rest of the world. Also JB is an AirBus operator, not a good fit. I would say the likelihood of that matchup pretty slim.

Sure Dan

I am going to let you in on a secret . SWA bought an Atlanta based airlines several years ago named AirTran. That airline had mostly 717s. I am not making this story up, trust me it's true.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Just like with AK and HA, a code share is a better deal for both AA and JB.

Nobody else can have the milk if you buy the cow.

<sarcasm>
It will be neither DL or WN. I'm a JB pilot within driving distance to ATL so I know for certain that it can't happen. End of story.
</sarcasm>

What would regulators think about JetBlue merging with any legacy carrier?

Wouldn't be a reason to merge....

You just buy gates and slots. You don't need people or planes. AA just sticks Eagle (insert others) in there for the feed.

I think could be done pretty quick as AA wouldn't have any union entanglements...

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Just like with AK and HA, a code share is a better deal for both AA and JB.

Exactly....as long as you mean management.
Worse deal for the pilots unless Jetblue pilots get off their ass and quit dragging down the mean.

Wouldn't be a reason to merge....

You just buy gates and slots. You don't need people or planes. AA just sticks Eagle (insert others) in there for the feed.

I think could be done pretty quick as AA wouldn't have any union entanglements...

Doesn't make sense.... JetBlue is nothing without its new York slots and gates... So to buy those you must buy the company.

JB will be purchased by WN

WN might be the only large airline that could do the deal without antitrust problems. The "Big 3" all have heavy NE presence, especially in the NY area and if they bought JB there might be some heavy route/slot divestment required.

Latest resources

Back