• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost for de-icing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the great responses folks. Mr/MS Moderator, hopefully this next statement is not a violation of policy. If so just delete it.

The reason for the question I placed was that I work for a company that has developed an safe, inexpensive, aircraft specific, solution for preventing delays due to de-icing on frost and light snow days that complies with the FAA regs 100%.

If anyone is interested in finding out more PM me. I'll leave it at that on here so as to hopefully not violate the forum rules.

Warm regards...

One other thing....the reason for the posting was to get an idea what costs folks were paying for their de-icing.

I think he sells "Airplane Snuggies".

The reason for the question I placed was that I work for a company that has developed an safe, inexpensive, aircraft specific, solution for preventing delays due to de-icing on frost and light snow days that complies with the FAA regs 100%.

You might be able to retire off that idea.

I just returned from EGE this weekend and I found the cheaper alternative. It's called a hanger ;) and at $375 a night it's much cheaper than the $22 per gallon type 1 they sell. Now it took me 6 days on the list to finally get in the hanger. Had I popped in the night before and needed a hanger I'd be SOL and paying $3000 plus for type 1.

One another note I also developed a cheaper alternative. I heat water in the coffee pot, then mix the hot water and powdered type 1 grape juice in a bucket and use a swifer to apply to the wings and tail. Poor some vodka minis into the mix and it makes the swifering much more fun. :D

Depending on fluid/aircraft/authority guidelines, there may well be the requirement (extra cost) to wash down an airframe at some stage to remove residual de-ice fluid to prevent re-hydration & freezing.

From a Dassault FSA very recently:

During operation in cold weather conditions, use of thickened deicing/anti-ice fluids may lead to the formation of dehydrated residues. Thereafter, the rehydration and subsequent freezing of these residues may interfere with the aircraft's mechanical systems such as flight controls.

As a consequence, EASA has released an Advance-Notice of Proposed Amendment (A-NPA 2007-11) which recommends to eliminate residues that can result from application of de-icing/anti-icing fluids.
Transport Canada have some pretty good holdover tables; some are for specific products, which give a slight advantage for HOTs against "generic" tables. Obviously, use the tables IAW with company/FAA/CAA mandate!!

As I said before... if anyone is interested in what we have send me a PM. Through the end of March, $100 gift card for any lead that turns into a sale. Right now we have product for Citation II, Lear 45 and Hawker 800XP is next.

Latest resources

Back