Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt said:
Get that 50EX up to PANC and join us!

Would love to!! However, I dont think PANC will ever be filed in any of the flight plans I file. :bawling:

Can't you guys come to the south?

Dangerkitty said:
Would love to!! However, I dont think PANC will ever be filed in any of the flight plans I file. :bawling:

Can't you guys come to the south?
HHmmm... "Ain't ever seen no Sullivan's in the south" ;)

But I do hear they have some mighty tasty BBQ in them parts! :D

Dk

Danger Kitty,

I flew a 757 for National Airlines of LAS. Its true, I don't have a lot of good to say about aviation. Most of the jobs I have had I hated. You could say I wasn't cut out to be a line pilot, but I love flying. I just don't like being abused by employers. Most of my co-workers took the beatings without so much as a whimper. I would say I had a long string of bad luck. Much of this career depends on being at the right place at the right time.

Skyline

Skyline said:
I would say I had a long string of bad luck. Much of this career depends on being at the right place at the right time.

Skyline
Is it just me, or does this guy sound like a young "PilotYIP" in the making???

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about Martini's and BBQ...

Falcon Capt said:

There was a Sullivans in Dallas when I lived there but I was a HUGE "Bobs Steak and Chophouse" fan. When steaks and martinis were in order that were we always went.

HOWEVER, if you need to find good BBQ. I know some spots that will knock your socks off!

Skyline said:
Danger Kitty,

I flew a 757 for National Airlines of LAS. Its true, I don't have a lot of good to say about aviation. Most of the jobs I have had I hated. You could say I wasn't cut out to be a line pilot, but I love flying. I just don't like being abused by employers. Most of my co-workers took the beatings without so much as a whimper. I would say I had a long string of bad luck. Much of this career depends on being at the right place at the right time.

Skyline

Then why dont you just quit then and find a different career?

I can tell you from experience after being furloughed from AA that the non-flying world can be just as bad and cut-throat. Plus you usually have to work much much harder.

If you like flying so much then drop $30-$35k on a Piper Cub and fly in your off time. Thats real flying anyway.

After being furloughed I got in the Medical Sales business. While I made more money than the average AA S-80 Captain I usually worked 50-60 hours a week and had absolutely no life. I hated it and only lasted about 8 months before I started looking for another flying job. Luckily I busted my ass and was soon in a Lear 60 1-2 months later. Not my dream job, but the company treated me well and it allowed me to do what I love until greener pastures came along. That along with networking my ass of got me in a DA-50EX a short 7 months after that.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

It's not the negativity that bothers me. I'm still a newbie in this career, so I'm sure I'm due for plenty of negative crap that I'll have to deal with down the line. There's no shortage of rather negative people on this board, and it's really no big deal. I like getting all sides of any given situation, good or bad.

But take a look at the Scary Numbers thread. Skyline isn't just negative - he puts down anyone that's happy doing what they're doing, but not flying a 777. He has an extremely narrow view of success, and if you don't share that view, he spews post after post of condescending crap:

If you think that it is reward enough to watch ice crystals form on the leading edge then you are in luck because there are an unlimited number of positions for those of you who like that kind of abuse. You can kiss your plane good night and then commit suicide when the money runs out in your short, short retirement. We all start out with moon beam eyes and the latest flying magazine under our arm, but sooner or later you need to figure out how to make a life and living out of it. For most people that means a good job at a major airline. However, There just simply isn't enough room for everyone.

Therefore I am not addressing those of you who desire to be the garbage men of the sky. If your aim is to simply pilot a Lear around the country and be someones whipping boy forever then have at it. If you are proud to pilot a crappy old caravan I will send flowers when you finally pile it up on approach one day. My point is that I am not talking to you. My audience is those who share the same vision as I.

Did you just admit to being a tanker pilot??? Well you are a garbage man of the sky…..You see that is exactly what I am talking about. You are doing something that only total losers stick with anyone with any good sense gets out as fast as they can.

Man, look at the people you work with. If you are not careful that waste of a human life that is the Captain will be you in 10 years. Most of them have no families and live out of a suitcase for six months. They are depressed loosers who couldn't make it anywhere else. The ones I knew were alcoholics and smoked a little MJ. Tanker pilots don't even build any time that anyone cares about. It is a total dead end and I mean dead like KIA. If you are satisfied with that then enjoy. I am sure there will be fun to be had for a long time yet.

I am sorry if I am arrogant but someone needs to save you from yourself.

This is the kind of garbage that makes me think he’s a troll. If not, he’s one *serious* a-hole!

Falcon Capt said:

In Austin, we have a Sullivan's AND tasty BBQ! I eat at the Sullivan's downtown at least once every two months. Mmmmmmmm!

Although I prefer Austin Land and Cattle, personally.

Latest resources

Back