Corporate Airlines (AA Connection) J32 down in MO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LJ-ABX said:
Has anyone seen the tail number of the accident aircraft?
N875JX.

To all 3C er's I used to work with...my thoughts are with you. If there is anything I can do, PLEASE PM me.

Art Bell is back again on the weekends.

Great listening. Two or three hours of nutcases.

It's like a science fiction convention every night.

This morning CBS news is reporting that the crew had been on duty for over 15 hours at the time of the accident and that the airplane did not have Enhanced Ground Prox. gear, which is not required until next year, and which might have helped prevent the accident.

One can see which direction this thing is headed in. BTW the wx was about 300ft overcast and 3 mi viz. The MDA for the Localizer Approach gets you down to 356 ft above the runway. It would have been a close one.

~D.C.

100LL... Again! said:
Art Bell is back again on the weekends.

Great listening. Two or three hours of nutcases.

It's like a science fiction convention every night.
He's been on weekends for months, where have you been? :)

One can see which direction this thing is headed in. BTW the wx was about 300ft overcast and 3 mi viz. The MDA for the Localizer Approach gets you down to 356 ft above the runway. It would have been a close one.
The NTSB seems to think they were on an ILS...

According to preliminary information, the flight was being vectored by the Kansas City Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) for the Distance Measuring Equipment Instrument Landing System (DME ILS) approach to runway 3 at Kirksville. The airplane was cleared to descend from 15,000 feet. The airplane reportedly crashed about 4 miles from the runway during the approach.

Perhaps the G/S was inop or is this bad info?

Shut the F**K Up

You people farking kill me. 13 people are dead and you all are arguing about politics, religion and a ton of other SH!T that doesn't matter right now.

Kim Sasse was the Captain, and I forget the name of the FO off hand (I think I recognize both his last name and hometown of CVG). Both names are published in USA Today this morning, along with the story of a survivor. Both survivors were in the exit row...

If saying Godspeed or quoting bible verses gives people comfort in this tragic time, then why dump on them for that. We wouldn't make a joke or smartass remark if your friends were dead. When will some of you realize it could have been ANY of us in that airplane...

Last edited:
172driver

Dunno, I dropped my subscription for MO last year....only a Localizer approach to Kirksville at that time. Anybody with more current charts out there?

172driver said:
Distance Measuring Equipment Instrument Landing System (DME ILS) approach to runway 3 at Kirksville.
There is no runway 3 and there is no ILS. They probably said, or meant, the LOC/DME Rwy 36.

http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0410/00217LD36.PDF

172driver said:
Perhaps the G/S was inop or is this bad info?
No G/S on a LOC approach. At 4 miles from the airport they should have been about 1500' above the ground.

Interesting. My info came right out of the NTSB preliminary report. Now even the official source is spreading misinformation. It appears that you are correct.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20041020X01659&key=1

From Airnav.com:

IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures

LOC/DME RWY 36 download [size=-1](206KB)[/size]VOR/DME OR GPS-B download [size=-1](164KB)[/size]VOR/DME RNAV OR GPS RWY 18 download [size=-1](218KB)[/size]VOR/DME RNAV OR GPS RWY 36 download [size=-1](201KB)[/size]VOR OR GPS-A download [size=-1](157KB)[/size]

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back