• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Copied from another forum. USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm hiring one right now because jonjuan made me spill my hot McDonald's coffee on my lap. Who knew coffee was hot?

Andy:
As you know, most of my cheap shots are directed at WD, cause we used to work together and are just giving each other a hard time.
As a LCC employee, I feel for you.....My good friend is a 20 yr f/o there, and says the same, its not fun coming to work.

SHEEEEEEEEit I don't know you!!!:laugh:

Andy, it's cool we do go back a ways and we give one another a hard time on this forum. Now I sure after todays hotline I 'll will get a phone call for you. For all, this too shal pass and the hard feelings on both side will calm. Just remember NWA and Republic, it all just takes time...

WD.

SHEEEEEEEEit I don't know you!!!:laugh:

Andy, it's cool we do go back a ways and we give one another a hard time on this forum. Now I sure after todays hotline I 'll will get a phone call for you.
Phone call......Someone needs you back on the corner of 44th st.???:blush: :laugh:
That handyman business keeps you really busy!

For all, this too shal pass and the hard feelings on both side will calm. Just remember NWA and Republic, it all just takes time...

WD.
Also remember Israel and Hamas! Look how that worked out.
Good luck, you guys will need it!

Bitterness and misery.....30% on time performance. All workforce miserable. CEO is an alcoholic who can't keep his pie hole shut! And jerks like HPilot and phxflyr working as lovers............
Wow, what a great place to work!
How do I apply?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's OK 737Plt, the comb over really does look good on you and the pump will eventually work:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HP is the best 121 job, by far, that I have ever had. The best schedule, the best pay and by far the best people.

This is a tough issue, and I'm glad I won't be anywhere near the Herndon office on Monday. This could get really ugly from what I'm hearing.

Captain Stephan's assertion about the EC's authority to overule this award is somewhat questionable. I think he'll have a really tough sell to the EC on this. I've combed through the C & BLs and the Admin Manual, and I can't find any justification for voiding a seniority merger award from arbitration. The Admin Manual specifically states that the arbitration award is binding. That's the whole reason that mediation with neutrals is offered as a second step before arbitration.

With that said, I can certainly see Captain Stephan's side on this issue, and I happen to agree with the AAA MEC that this decision was a gross injustice. I've seen some bad arbitration decisions, but this one really takes the cake. What's the answer? I don't know. The EC and EB will have to see the presentations, deliberate, and come to a decision. Between Age-60 and the AAA/AWA integration, there's gonna be one hell of a fireworks display up in Herndon next week.

Back from tossing phxflyr's salad already?:blush: And the night is so young!;)

Hey 737, how did you make your call sign turn RED that's cool:laugh: :D :laugh:

WD.

With that said, I can certainly see Captain Stephan's side on this issue, and I happen to agree with the AAA MEC that this decision was a gross injustice. I've seen some bad arbitration decisions, but this one really takes the cake. What's the answer? I don't know. The EC and EB will have to see the presentations, deliberate, and come to a decision. Between Age-60 and the AAA/AWA integration, there's gonna be one hell of a fireworks display up in Herndon next week.

give me a break.....You know what they say about opinions. Gross injustice? Please take a step back two years to pre-merger Us Airways. Second trip through bankruptcy, still hemoraging money, no business plan, and after retirement systems of Alabama lost a truckfull of money nobody wanted to touch the place except for AWA. I wish you could read the transcripts and see that even the investment banker types testified that they were on death's doorstep.

Now post-merger AAA pilots have more than 500 pilots at the top of the list! That's right over 500! Supposedly that protects the premium jobs which AAA brought to the table. These jobs are such premium slots that a few of them recently went to recalled furloughed pilots because nobody wanted them!!!! After the windfall at the top all active pilots were slotted in relative seniority. NOBODY at AAA moved back on a percentage basis of active pilots. NOBODY. In other words if you were holding a line you are still holding a line.

The only pilots who can complain are those who were on furlough and planned to somehow retire #1 at Us Airways. But what was the likelihood they would ever be recalled. Somewhere between slim and none. So now in exchange for having a job and a little bit of job security they will never be able to hold number 1. Seems like a fair deal to me.

The flight info peanut gallery is full of experts. But just remember Nicalau is the premier, head honcho arbitrator in the US. He is extremely well respected and probably smarter than any of us on here. He was also privy to some financial data that was not released to the public. I would say he did a darn good job putting apples and oranges together.

The AAA pilots sure act odd for such a senior group. They refused to negotiate, forced arbitration, picked the arbitrator, refused to negotiate when instructed to by the arbitrator, and then decided after the award was anounced that no longer want binding arbitration. They seem to think that if they scream and yell loud enough things will change. Bunch of sore losers...

PCL,

The great irony of this arbitration hearing is that Us Airways very much wanted to screw AWA (by putting the majority of our pilots junior to FURLOUGHED pilots) and now that we have all been kept in our relative seniority they are crying foul. I would bet the farm that had they been succesful in stapling AWA they wouldn't even consider giving us a thing after the fact. The last 5 years really have been a tragedy for the aaa pilots but it is downright wrong to expect to resurrect your career on the backs of AWA pilots.

Latest resources

Back