Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wiskey Driver

Return of the Hub Raider
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOUR MEC CHAIRMAN JACK STEPHAN IS AGAIN GIVING YOU FALSE HOPE. I URGE ALL OF YOU TO REALLY READ AND UNDERSTAND SECTION 45 OF THE MERGER POLICY. THE EC/ALPA NATIONAL CAN NOT INTERFERE OUTSIDE OF A CRIMINAL ACT. CAPTAIN PRATER ADDRESSED THE WEST MEC LAST EVENING AND STATED JUST THAT!!!! FOR YOUR MEC CHAIRMAN TO ONCE AGAIN MIS-MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS IS EXTREMELY RECKLESS. IN THE END THE WEST WILL MOVE TOWARDS A CONTRACT ON OUR SIDE THEREBY LEAVING YOU IN LOA 93 FOR YEARS TO COME. YOUR PILOTS STAND TO LOSE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AS A RESULT.

FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN A DECERT OF THE NATIONAL UNION WILL NOT SET ASIDE THIS AWARD, YOU HAVE AGAIN THERE BEEN LIED TO!!! I SUGGEST YOU ALL DO SOME INVESTIGATION INTO THIS FACT. YOUR MEC IS REALLY DOING ALL OF YOU A GREAT DISSERVICE AND YOU NEED TO DEMAND THE TRUTH...

MEC Chairman’s Message - May 16, 2007

This is MEC Chairman Jack Stephan with a Chairman's message to the pilots for Wednesday, May 16th.

There have been an overwhelming number of requests from our pilots regarding our response to the Nicolau award and the upcoming May 21st Merger Committee presentation to the Executive Council. At this meeting our Merger Committee will have the opportunity to point out to the Executive Council the gross injustices of this award resulting from the arbitrator’s total disregard for key provisions of ALPA merger policy. The Merger Committee's presentation also demonstrates that the Executive Council does have the jurisdiction and authority to deal with the problems created by the Award.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you just how serious and important this meeting is. Your seniority and ultimately the rest of your entire career may depend upon what happens in this process. It is certainly understandable that such a large number of pilots have indicated their strong desire to be present at the ALPA Herndon office that day. You already know that I will be there as will many members of your MEC.

In response to the plethora of inquires regarding our pilots’ grass roots efforts, I will present you with a summary of what we know:

· Many of our pilots have been calling and emailing the national officers and EVPs frequently. Their contact list is posted in ‘What’s new.’ Most of the emails from our pilots addressed the award’s inequities caused by the arbitrator not complying with ALPA merger policy and the resulting windfalls at our expense.

· Many pilots have asked their family and friends at other carriers to contact their own carrier’s EVP.

· Many of you have indicated that you will be attending the ALPA Executive Council meeting scheduled for Monday, May 21st at the ALPA Herndon office. Most of the questions have been regarding the specifics of where, when and how to get there. The ALPA offices are located at 535 Herndon Pkwy, Herndon, VA. Herndon is closest to IAD and approximately 30 miles from DCA. We will soon post travel information on the pilots only web site. Most pilots plan to arrive at the ALPA Herndon office prior to noon.

With all our focus on responding to the Nicolau award, there have been some questions regarding our Three-Prong strategy in support of JNC negotiations. Although we are mainly preoccupied with seniority issues, one only needs to read the latest insulting economic proposal by management as well as the A340 augmented crew rest rules to understand management’s disregard of the sacrifices made by our pilots. Their proposals were ‘Dead On Arrival’ and did not warrant further review. Throw in the seniority issues and the ‘Three- prong Approach” is more important than ever!

Moving forward I ask that you stay informed as the situation involving the Nicolau award is very dynamic. Communications will be providing information as it becomes available. As always we will only accomplish our goals through the pilot’s solidarity.

So continue to look out for each other and keep your families first. As always, fly safe and thanks for listening.

Bitterness and misery.....30% on time performance. All workforce miserable. CEO is an alcoholic who can't keep his pie hole shut! And jerks like HPilot and phxflyr working as lovers............
Wow, what a great place to work!
How do I apply?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bitterness and misery.....30% on time performance. All workforce miserable. CEO is an alcoholic who can't keep his pie hole shut! And jerks like HPilot and phxflyr working as lovers............

Guys, lets be careful about outright slandering people on public forums. This venue can be used as evidence against you. I am A Delta guy as well and don't have a great deal of use for Mr. Parker but I think everyone should exercise a little more caution with regard to openly expressing temselves in a public place...

In short, it does suck here right now.

Guys, lets be careful about outright slandering people on public forums. This venue can be used as evidence against you. I am A Delta guy as well and don't have a great deal of use for Mr. Parker but I think everyone should exercise a little more caution with regard to openly expressing temselves in a public place...

Trying to position yourself as a moderator? Have any lawsuits been filed and won for sh!t slung on FI? You have a valid opinion, but it's hardly heard with you sitting so high up on that mountain top.:smash:

In short, it does suck here right now.

Andy:
As you know, most of my cheap shots are directed at WD, cause we used to work together and are just giving each other a hard time.
As a LCC employee, I feel for you.....My good friend is a 20 yr f/o there, and says the same, its not fun coming to work.

Trying to position yourself as a moderator? Have any lawsuits been filed and won for sh!t slung on FI? You have a valid opinion, but it's hardly heard with you sitting so high up on that mountain top.:smash:

Actually, lawyers have been hired as a result of crap slung on FI.

Actually, lawyers have been hired as a result of crap slung on FI.
Hel1, I am sure lawyers have been hired over someone laughing at an overweight delta captain because he looks silly in his double breaster.

Latest resources

Back