• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coolest place anyone has flown into?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I know, there are some birds in warroad. That's about it. I spent six months there, one day.

Last I heard, Buzz was flying an A model for H&P.

A few places...

Skagway, Alaska...right downwind for 19....er....it's rwy 20 now!!!

Monument Valley, UT...one way in, dirt, uphill, 400 foot rock wall at the end! This is the strip Scenic used to fly into (Gouldings).

Juneau, AK...awesome with the Mendenhall Glacier nearby

Sedona, AZ...Red rocks galore and the airport is up on a mesa

Nugget Creek, AK...up the river from Haines

GP

Kapalua/West Maui... 3000 ft long runway on the leeward side of Maui. 3 windsocks spaced at 1000 foot increments pointing at 3 different directions at 30 knots and you are flying a Dash 8 in there.

The BOS 15 to 4L is technically not a circle. Its been a while since I've done the approch but circling approches are not authorized, so ATC's way around it was to clear you for a visual and transition 4L.

The best was alway DCA 33 to hold short of 1. STOL DHC-7 :)

Lake Winnapasaki in NH in a 172 with no floats. In the winter, if the ice is thick enough, they hold a fly-in pancake breakfast. They set up a runway made of tide detergent bottles to mark the edges.

Beef Island (British Virgin Islands) - 3600', H20 on both sides...I carrier landed the ATR the first time I landed there. Check the runway for baby ATR's, 'cause I planted that one!

Anguilla (next to St. Marteen)...3400'+/-?? at night.

Sedona, AZ

Catalina Island, CA. That's a fun one!

CVN-65

On a clear blue Pacific Ocean day VFR, see the ship 50 miles away, only plane in the pattern, that was a cool landing. We had to call the ship to slow down so we could catch it, flying the C-1

Latest resources

Back