Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Witches Titville

avbug said:
As far as I know, there are some birds in warroad. That's about it. I spent six months there, one day.

Last I heard, Buzz was flying an A model for H&P.

Warroad! Oy! Get's colder than a well-digger's ass up there! That's near our neck of the flats in GFK. Did you come out of UND Av?

Magido, Israel (AKA the plain of Armageddon)

kinda cool if you buy into that end of the world stuff

Tempelhof, Berlin in a DC-9. Approach lights on the roofs of apartment buildings and a nice wet 5500 foot runway nestled in a "stadium-style" setup (surrounded by tall buildings).

Quito, Ecuador; Salzburg, Austria; and Cochabamba, Bolivia.

And lest we forget: Rudesheim to Frankfurt 25L, "Maintain 170 to the marker and kontact Director.";)

avbug said:
UND? Ah, no. I never went to school.

Hard knocks. PHd.

If you had to suffer through one of the butt-cold winters in N. Minnesota, I think that definitely qualifies for additional doctoral credits at Hard Knock School.

Being Houston based for a large "regional" I have actually flown into some pretty interesting commercial airports. My favorites have been DCA (Washington National) and the river visual as well as Laguardia's river visual. Here's my list:

Laguardia
Washington National river visual 19
Ixtapa Zihuantanajo Mexico
Mazaltan Mexico
Saltillo Mexico (tomorrow night) mountaneous terrain
Durango Colorado
Chicago Midway (short runway)
Chihuaha Mexico (dme arc through mountains)
Quebec Canada
Ottawa Canada
Halifax Nova Scotia (the day before Mazatlan Mexico and they call this regional flying)

Those are the "out of the way" type of airports that we serve with the ERJ. The Mexico airports I mentioned all have challenging terrain with vor approaches only for the most part and you can always bet on getting a DME arc to join the inbound course for terrain purposes. A typical 4 day trip for COEX out of IAH consists of some Mexico flying as well as a few legs through Newark or CLE which can include layovers in Canada. What region do we now serve as a regional?
I think we'll start hiring off the street early next year so those of you out there that want to work for COEX, which should have the highest paying "regional" pilot jobs by next Summer, get ready to apply this Fall.

Would have to say..

Hong Kong (Kai Tak airport, not the new one) shown in the pictures posted above, and yes it is closed now. The new airport just isn't as much fun.

Latest resources

Back