Cool Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus. Looked less than 200 and 1/2.
He certainly wasn't stabilized-did you catch the wing rock over the runway? I wouldn't have been too proud.

Looked pretty stable to me, and then just a little adjustment at the end when he went visual. Great Video!

Looked good to me ACK is 1600 RVR it looked like way more than that. Shoot that approach many many times.

I hope you all that are saying that looked good aren't serious. I sometimes land a bit off centerline on a bad day, but damm...he was way off.

Hello,
I'll say in defense of the MU-2 pilot that it is easy to get off the centerline when transitioning to visual on a low approach. I've caught myself doing it a few times, and you have to really concentrate. After staring at the flight director and then looking up and trying to acquire visual cues is one of the most dangerous and difficult to do during instrument flying.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Tough crowd

The unprovoked criticism is really getting out of hand.

I would be very surprised if there was no adjustment after hand flying an ILS to mins.

Not to mention the pages and pages of Monday morning quarterbacking after SWA at Midway...

...give me a break. It's obvious who's been out there Doin' the Dew and who hasn't.

Latest resources

Back