Cool Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
easily met Cat-1 ILS mins

whats all the crying about, bunch of sissies....what do you think an "ILS to minimums" is supposed to look like? break out at the traffic patternn?

some of you have never seen that in real life anyway

go back to playing Flight Simulator and swapping "war stories" with your other 400 hour CFI coworkers ("old heads") at the 141 school you work at

some of you people I am sure solved TWA 800 and also SWA at Midway

Last edited:
A) It eas an MU2, it scares me to think that someone flying this death machine has so little experience
B) if he/she has any instrument time/intrument rating, they should be able to track down the center and land a LOT closer to centerline...
C) Don't forget, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LAND... there's almost always the option to go around, and my guess would be that he was on his first approach and had enough fuel to have another go at it.

spudskier said:
B) if he/she has any instrument time/intrument rating, they should be able to track down the center and land a LOT closer to centerline...
C) Don't forget, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LAND... there's almost always the option to go around, and my guess would be that he was on his first approach and had enough fuel to have another go at it.

B) Who cares about the centerline issue, some people act like they have never done that before.
C)WHY would you have gone around? It was stable, he jsut drifted a bit in the last 100ft. The vis was fine. no need for a go around.

" B) Who cares about the centerline issue, some people act like they have never done that before. "

I do, unless you strive to stay on centerline all the way down final and especially during the landing and roll out you are being sloppy.

What happens if you have to land on a very narrow strip and you are used to accepting a touch down anywhere on a two hundred foot wide runway as normal?

Cat

Cat Driver said:
" B) Who cares about the centerline issue, some people act like they have never done that before. "

I do, unless you strive to stay on centerline all the way down final and especially during the landing and roll out you are being sloppy.

What happens if you have to land on a very narrow strip and you are used to accepting a touch down anywhere on a two hundred foot wide runway as normal?

Cat

To clarify, I am talking about the centerline issue as discussed in the thread. Yes you should always strive to land on the centerline, but people in this thread are jumping on him for landing 10 feet off the centerline. No where did I say that you shouldn't make every attempt to alwyas land on centerline.

People are jumping on it as if they have never gotten pushed at the last second and touchdowned off the centerline

Obviosuly the narrow runway situation requires a centerline touchdown, and an off centerline landing would not be acceptable, and a go around accomplished if you get displaced from the centerline of the runway. But that isn't the situation in the video.

Yea it is sloppy, but sh%$ happens.

Latest resources

Back