• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think I'm gonna go with PARC.

Got two notices about ANA (AJV etc) from different companies, PARC and IAC

PARC RATES:
Training = 7,162.00 USD and then 8,046.00 USD for the remainder of year 1.
Year 2 = 9,122.00 USD
Year 3 = 9,048.00 USDYear
4 = 9,575.00 USDYear
5 = 9,699.00 USDA

IAC:

Training = 7162 and then 7162 for remainder
Year 2 = 8238
Year 3 = 8524
Year 4 = 8691
Year 5 = 8885

Both companies offer the 2000 a month for travel and same add ons it seems.

BUYER BE WARE... guess you really have to shop around. of course, these are only two, do any others represent the ANA guys?

All three contractors pay exactly the same. IAC, Parc, and HACS. The reason it appears different is that some of the contractors include some of the allowances or per diem or retirement in the base pay. Or IAC just hasn't updated their pay. A raise was announced a few weeks ago and they might be behind.

You do need to shop around but make sure you are asking the right questions. Insurance, retirement, etc... Pay will be the same.

If you go with Parc and are going to live in the US, make sure u check their insurance. I believe that the insurance will cover you everywhere except the US unless you pay more for specific US coverage.

Get your story straight. There are no Aloha Captains (pilots) at KAL as of yet. Soon, but not there at this moment.

Last edited:
No worries... It is something that is different and complicated and not many people have answers for your questions. I am still learning as I go, but I have no regrets about coming over to the contract world. There are 2 of us on this board on the AJX contract and we can probably get answers for questions about AJV. If you have questions, post away.

AJV/AJX the cargo and passenger divisions of ANA that operate the 767's are commuting contract only thus far

IBEX (CRJ)
A-net (Q-400)
ANK (737's)
These other operations within the ANA group are all residing contracts

During training, do you have a chance to go home for a few days or is it 6 months straight (and you'll like it).

Any real difference in Cargo vs. PAX (ie better layovers)

Will AJV continue NRT-ANC-ORD or is that going to be leased out?

THANKS

1) After completion of sim and check rides, you get to go home for 3 weeks. Your family gets to visit you during training also and all expenses are paid

2) AJX is a passenger with all the flights originating from Narita, we have a mix of day trips to China and a couple of overnights

AJV is cargo and it is mostly back of the clock stuff with a lot of DH's

3) About the ORD roster, the word is that ANA has leased two 744"s to do those flights and the 76's will be doing only China and a couple of destinations on southeast Asia. Also the prospect of a ORD pilot base has been put on hold for a while, their business plan is to get something bigger in the future (they said 777's) but by 2012
But it is the airline business after all and all is subject to change

During training, do you have a chance to go home for a few days or is it 6 months straight (and you'll like it).

Any real difference in Cargo vs. PAX (ie better layovers)

Will AJV continue NRT-ANC-ORD or is that going to be leased out?

THANKS

1) After completion of sim and check rides, you get to go home for 3 weeks. Your family gets to visit you during training also and all expenses are paid

2) AJX is a passenger with all the flights originating from Narita, we have a mix of day trips to China and a couple of overnights

AJV is cargo and it is mostly back of the clock stuff with a lot of DH's

3) About the ORD roster, the word is that ANA has leased two 744"s to do those flights and the 76's will be doing only China and a couple of destinations on southeast Asia. Also the prospect of a ORD pilot base has been put on hold for a while, their business plan is to get something bigger in the future (they said 777's) but by 2012
But it is the airline business after all and all is subject to change

Of the two (AJV/AJX) would you say have more nights in NRT, which I understand is on your own dime?

Would the KIX "temporary trial base" for AJV be on your dime too?

AJX is probably in NRT more. You are paid about 560$ per month for accomodation in Japan. Anything more than 10$ per month you are paid an additional 50$. I am not sure how the AJV schedules are now, but for a while, they were spending a LOT of time in NRT sitting in the hotel on standby duty. For a while they were only flying about 35 to 40 hours a month. I think it has since picked up a little thought. At AJX I am on my 3rd straight month of overtime.

One of the AJV guys has told me that they are giving you a company paid apartment down in KIX to get people to go there. I have not seen anything official yet though.

Latest resources

Back