• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract in waiting EXPRESSJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is little to gain and a lot to lose by committing oneself to several years of concessions (or even status quo) when the game is about to be changed - big time.

As long as the top 20% are happy who really gives a sht. Am I right?

Where'd you go?

Congrats on getting out.

Thanks DoJetDriver! Took a leap of faith and went to USAirways. Extremely pleased with the decision and enjoying it. Completely different picture than the regional life. ExpressJet was great, except for reserve, which was hell on earth. Fun chapter in my life, working with fantastic people, but it was time to move on. I wish the pilots nothing but the best of luck at ExpressJet, as they were what made things fun and bearable during my tenure there. However, the rest of the G.O. can go.............................

Nevets- come on over! Best of luck to you and we need pilots!

Congrats Jumpers, I'm sure we'd all come over if we could just get an interview it seems almost impossible

Congrats Jumpers, I'm sure we'd all come over if we could just get an interview it seems almost impossible

Keep trying- you'll get your break! When you apply, it's not an "if", but a "when" you will get an interview. Things are only now just beginning to spool up. Lots of pilots needed everywhere over a very short time! Best of luck and you'll enjoy the move!

Keep trying- you'll get your break! When you apply, it's not an "if", but a "when" you will get an interview. Things are only now just beginning to spool up. Lots of pilots needed everywhere over a very short time! Best of luck and you'll enjoy the move!

Congrats. Some of us are getting rejection letters because it's been to long since our last type ride. What the heck is up with that?

Congrats. Some of us are getting rejection letters because it's been to long since our last type ride. What the heck is up with that?

The last I've heard on that, is there is some discussion between HR and the training department regarding this. From what I understand, HR wants some recency, where as the flight training department doesn't see any real correlation between flight training success and time away from a training cycle. They are supposedly going to relax this requirement- at least this is what I've heard through the grapevine. When, however, I'm not sure. The best I advise I can give, is to apply quickly to every window that opens, and to keep applying regardless of what the status says under your log-in. At one point, I had 5 "under review" apps. The one that got me the interview was submitted the day the window re-opened. I would LOVE to see more ASA'ers here, so I sincerely wish everyone who wishes to come here lots of luck. Keep trying and if you apply, it's not an "if", but a "when".

The last I've heard on that, is there is some discussion between HR and the training department regarding this. From what I understand, HR wants some recency, where as the flight training department doesn't see any real correlation between flight training success and time away from a training cycle. They are supposedly going to relax this requirement- at least this is what I've heard through the grapevine. When, however, I'm not sure. The best I advise I can give, is to apply quickly to every window that opens, and to keep applying regardless of what the status says under your log-in. At one point, I had 5 "under review" apps. The one that got me the interview was submitted the day the window re-opened. I would LOVE to see more ASA'ers here, so I sincerely wish everyone who wishes to come here lots of luck. Keep trying and if you apply, it's not an "if", but a "when".
Gotta love the brain surgeons who came up with a formula to prefer someone who upgraded a year ago over someone with a decade of experience in the left seat...:rolleyes:

...unless the idea is to hire guys without balls, for contract negotition purposes (especially since it's HR with this policy)...I've become such a cynic over the years.

It seems like HR has been flexing its muscles at most of the airlines these last couple of years. Making some stupid hiring policy decisions at Delta too.

Maybe it's for liability reasons, but the old boys network is definitely gone.

Latest resources

Back