Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental scheduling.....gosh, why would you want to work here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
Why work here? I have not flown in 4 weeks and 2 days......and counting, just sitting reserve at home.

I have to spend all day with my family and working on home projects while collecting my 76 hours blended rate.....geez.....terrible.

You guys are right, CAL schedules suck!!!!

Don't work here when they start hiring....you won't build any flight time here!!!!!

Why work here? I have not flown in 4 weeks and 2 days......and counting, just sitting reserve at home.

If you live in base, it's a great deal. But imagine commuting into either EWR, IAH or CLE and rotting away in a crashpad in one of those cities for 4 weeks and 2 days..... :puke:

What a/c and seat are you in? If you haven't flown, I'm guessing you're either in the triple or in the 737 base, which is fat while they do the downgrades.

I was actually going to say yeah they do suck. We do a four day trip to the UK and get paid 16hrs with our "rig", while the DAL crew sitting in the same damn hotel and who we follow back and forth across the Atlantic get 21hrs.

Our schedules, and our contract, suck. We desperately need to fix this in C'08.

WORK RULES, WORK RULES, WORK RULES.

I'm sure he was being sarcastic, but a bit of a condescending attitude, don't you think? I can tell you it's not healthy for your company if you are sitting idle for so long. I can also tell you there are many people out there who would love to be in your shoes, so enjoy it. :rolleyes:

box

You are exactly right and to brag about not being used on reserve is a little short sighted. Trust me, you do not want to be busy as a reserve at CAL. Our weak work rules will have you sick in a heartbeat should reserves be needed like last Summer. Enjoy the slow period and put your energy towards focusing on gettting our union to push for better work rules so that bidding reserve will not be such a crap shoot in the future. The unproductive trips to the UK are a great example of our weak contract language. Keep in mind, Delta is an airline that went through a Bankruptcy and still has better work rules as compared to the concessionary contract we caved in on in order to avoid a bankruptcy filing....

IAHERJ

Yeah, no kidding...last Oct I flew 92 hours on reserve.

I am just making a point.... A lot of you complain about CAL on here... why, I don't know......

Anyways, I am a 756 FO IAH.... And I am grateful that I have not worked in awhile.

Commuting is a choice. I did it before and it sucked!

this past summer i was worked to every legal limit and trick they could throw at me up until the day of my furlough. it was gnarly.

Latest resources

Back