Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental scheduling.....gosh, why would you want to work here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And 147 on the street...

Of course and you will not be forgotten. If you listen to my nomination speech or read any of my material on my election web site you will understand I am a huge supporter of our junior pilots especially those who have been furloughed. Make no mistake about it you were furloughed because Continental could and for no other reason. Continental management (our enemy) wanted to rub that in the faces of the 147 furloughed pilots and each and every other CAL Pilot.

My running mate Tara Cook is Vice Chairman of the furlough committee and has worked very hard on your part.

If you read Captain Vinny Scotto's diatribe that was blast mailed out to all 2500 EWR pilots yesterday through the ALPA election blast mail system you will see he accused me as being far to friendly to the junior pilots and trying to strongly encourage our pilots of flying less, not picking up open time etc., to minimize or prevent furloughs.

If I can be of any assistance to you please e-mail me through my election web site. Take it one day at a time and you will come back to an infrastructure in place to negotiate a real contract with no "B" Scale and livable wages and insurance the first year.

www.jaysonbaron.info

Last edited:
wish you were on my ballot. not EWR based. but i've seen you in action, JB, at the Wall Street Rally...and i've flown with Kaye. i'm VERY encouraged that you are both making an effort to change our pilot group.

thanks for your work. i'm confident your ticket will prevail.

Thanks for your support and together all 5000 strong we will prevail.

I know many are not going to like this. And I KNOW that it pays off in the long run, sort of, we all hope.

But you could ALSO blame the guys that showed up to do the job for $62/hr combined.

NO, I'M NOT FLAMING YOU, or anybody else. We pilots are our own worst enemies. Been that way for a while, gonna be that way in the future.

It has nothing to do with not liking what you said there is a lot of truth to it. However the other option is to stay at a regional where top captain pay isn't even half way up the FO pay scale and you also are in a position to have no effect on the future contracts at the majors whichever you choose. I just dont see it proving a point to stay at a job that over the course of your career will pay so much less, if anything it proves the opposite, pay me enough to get by let me get my bills up because it takes so long to get to the point where you are paid enough to get by at a regional and then I will be stuck accepting this wage. Not a flame at all I worked a lot of years at a regional and some people dont ever want to leave there and I understand.

This isn't about the regionals vs. the majors or anything else but on here it always becomes that way, go to the job you like stay there as long as you like and who cares where others think you should be. When you get there dont forget to look at making it better for the guys that come after you. That means better pay and benefits from year one till the end.

It is hard to say you wouldnt go some where that had low first year pay when there isn't a regional out there whos first year pay is even as high as CALs pathetic first year pay. (and dont tell me it is becauses your new fos are not experienced because that is the same argument here) Every one can do better. You go to a company because over the long haul it will be good for you personally not because some one else thinks it is a good or bad idea.

It has nothing to do with not liking what you said there is a lot of truth to it. However the other option is to stay at a regional where top captain pay isn't even half way up the FO pay scale and you also are in a position to have no effect on the future contracts at the majors whichever you choose. I just dont see it proving a point to stay at a job that over the course of your career will pay so much less, if anything it proves the opposite, pay me enough to get by let me get my bills up because it takes so long to get to the point where you are paid enough to get by at a regional and then I will be stuck accepting this wage. Not a flame at all I worked a lot of years at a regional and some people dont ever want to leave there and I understand.

Agreed, I have no intention of staying either.

This isn't about the regionals vs. the majors or anything else but on here it always becomes that way, go to the job you like stay there as long as you like and who cares where others think you should be. When you get there dont forget to look at making it better for the guys that come after you. That means better pay and benefits from year one till the end.

Again, agreed. I had NO intention making a regional vs. major issue.

It is hard to say you wouldnt go some where that had low first year pay when there isn't a regional out there whos first year pay is even as high as CALs pathetic first year pay. (and dont tell me it is becauses your new fos are not experienced because that is the same argument here) Every one can do better. You go to a company because over the long haul it will be good for you personally not because some one else thinks it is a good or bad idea.

For the third time. AGREED. Like I said, I have no intention of staying where I'm at.

The last statement in my post was the most important. I wasn't singling anybody out.

And what was your pay flying around the ERJ? 19 bucks an hour to start?

See above. Just curious, were you OO or EV? Yeah, I know one owns the other.

And to answer your question no. $19/hr is what SkyWest was paying at that time.

Last edited:
I would imagine that most of the complainers here are commuters or came from Express (Most XJT folks are strange to begin with...lets face it they mostly all paid for their jobs back in the 90's.)

Easy there on your generalizations tiger. There are close to 1000 former Express pilots at CAL that didn't pay a dime for their job. Many hired in the '90's.

You should thank God you still have a job, but yeah everyone's schedule sucks now. Enjoy the time you have with your family, one day it may be gone.

One day it will be gone.

Latest resources

Back