Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental scheduling.....gosh, why would you want to work here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, most of it. Unless you take into account that my CAL pay was 35% of my total income last year. Hmm...

And that 35% was earned with 275 hours of flying.

65% other businesses .....

I won't cross a line. I don't like to fly that much. If we ever strike I will be sitting it out doing something else. You can count on me for that.

Great, I'm sure you'll scab the instant you get the chance. Maybe you should buy the movie "Professional Airline Pilot", you will learn much. I think Sporty's sells it. GROW UP.

Flamebait guys...just like pocohole.

However if not, it does reaffirm what I was trying to discuss earlier that the scabs are the least of our problems given the "new blood" like this gentleman has individuals with such low goals.

Regardless I do not have any faith CALALPA will deliver a worthwhile contract. With the latest round of musical chairs it is obvious the club down there will never change.

Last edited:
Crazy I know, but when you are hung like me that is the kind of stuff that happens.

Hung like a squirrel? That explains a lot.

Why work here? I have not flown in 4 weeks and 2 days......and counting, just sitting reserve at home.

I have to spend all day with my family and working on home projects while collecting my 76 hours blended rate.....geez.....terrible.

You guys are right, CAL schedules suck!!!!

Don't work here when they start hiring....you won't build any flight time here!!!!!

Considering you probably got hired with little time, you actually need the time to upgrade. The way you're going it will take forever for you to get 1,500 hours.

Regardless I do not have any faith CALALPA will deliver a worthwhile contract. With the latest round of musical chairs it is obvious the club down there will never change.

flygirlqt,

I agree with you, the current CAL ALPA MEC will not deliver a good contract. However we are at a cross roads in EWR with the current LEC election (my opinion), you can vote for more of the same or vote for significant and massive change to the way business is conducted within CAL ALPA.

To the pilot who is on reserve and not flying. I assure you that is only temporary and due to our pathetic contract, eventually you will be abused while you are on reserve it is only a matter of time. Absent pay rates (not counting the B scale years 2 - 6) our contract is one of the weakest contracts in US (including most regionals) AA's pilot cost per pilot is 50% higher then CAL's even though AA hourly rates are only a few dollars more then CAL's (excluding our "B" scale rates years 2 - 6).

How about we bring on Seniority Block Representation giving our largest bases the representational structure they deserve. Elect strong, ethical leaders not a afraid to fight. Then educate this pilot group and start to fight the common enemy, Continental Management and negotiate a real contract?

OK rant over. EWR Pilots please vote Baron/Cook/Riggs.

Frats,

Jayson Baron

www.jaysonbaron.info
www.taracook.info
www.kayeriggs.info

Why work here? I have not flown in 4 weeks and 2 days......and counting, just sitting reserve at home.

I have to spend all day with my family and working on home projects while collecting my 76 hours blended rate.....geez.....terrible.

You guys are right, CAL schedules suck!!!!

Don't work here when they start hiring....you won't build any flight time here!!!!!

Wanna fly one of my 6 Atlantic crossings this month?

No, did that for the first 2 years.

BTW, I have bid reserve ever since I transferred to IAH a little over a year ago.

Avg. month in the last 14 months was 8 days of flying on reserve. Not too bad here at CAL

This is my last post on this thread because I will get nowhere with you people. A wise person told me once that "you can't tell a stupid person they are stupid because they won't know what you are talking about".

I see that to be true here.

Good day folks.

Latest resources

Back