Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental scheduling.....gosh, why would you want to work here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why work here? I have not flown in 4 weeks and 2 days......and counting, just sitting reserve at home.

I have to spend all day with my family and working on home projects while collecting my 76 hours blended rate.....geez.....terrible.

You guys are right, CAL schedules suck!!!!

Don't work here when they start hiring....you won't build any flight time here!!!!!

Why do you, CAL guys, always need to tell everybody how cool you are?
Why such a low self esteem? Can't you just be cool and enjoy it?

People in the industry don't like CAL because of the SCABS and worthless union that lets management treat pilots like garbage.

I haven't flown since Aug 31, but that's because I'm unemployed. Enjoy your gig while you have one, because ya never know what tomorrow will bring.

Either way, I have no complaints here. I can't see anything wrong with CAL.

Maybe you should talk with one or both of our two pilots who just had their probation extended for another year... to gain some "eye-opening" perspective.

With all of your "time off" have you considered giving some of it back to ALPA?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Actually I am a 2005 hire. Lots of XJT guys talk about the scabs and how bad they are... lets face it, I was in 1st grade when the strike happened...like I give a crap about a 1985 scab.

I just don't understand what people complain about at CAL.. Lke I said, I am at 4 weeks and 3 days of no flying, just sitting at home on reserve. I have to meet my daughter for lunch with her kindergarten class in about 30 min. Not a bad deal when I look at my other friends' jobs and they have to show up in order to get paid.

I think a lot of you would complain anywhere. If you don't like working here then quit. CAL is not a prison, you can leave anytime.

No excuses please, just go.

Do your research. Good men went on strike to protect our profession, and those ********************ing backstabbers ******************** on every single current and future professional pilot for their own personal benefit. You obviously treat these scumbags with too much respect. I will not even look at one yet alone talk to one.

Last edited:
So what is your complaint about CAL? 16 days off. That is too much work for me, but hey if you don't like it move to IAH.

Maybe I was fired, I don't care, but my paycheck keeps showing up and I did get the email about finishing my ASR CBTs before tomorrow. I guess I should do them.

Either way, I have no complaints here. I can't see anything wrong with CAL. Best schedule I have ever had, biggest paycheck I have had from a flying job.

What else is there?

It is that kind of short sightedness and greed which has doomed many airlines and their employees. Hope you're using your free time productively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaKkuJVy2YA

Surely this guy is just a windup. There is no way that someone could be this dismissive. If he is for real, I can guarantee he doesn't volunteer any time to further the cause. On the flip side, at least he is spending time with his family, and for that I will give him credit.

box

I do spend my free time to help the cause.......my cause!! ALPA has never done much good for me. I think we should drop them and get a 2% pay raise.

I am for real and I am this dismissive (whatever that means). I am not a master of words, but I am a master of cash flow. Which would you choose? I think I know the answer.

I don't need to justify why I work for CAL. They called for interview, I went, got hired, got a line on 757 within 2 months flying across pond, all at 26 years old. Crazy I know, but when you are hung like me that is the kind of stuff that happens.

I need a favor from all of you. Don't be dorky pilots. Be cool. Too many dorks in this profession that go home and sleep with their manuals too.

Be cool, bang chics and just be.

Good luck, Sebd

First of all, nobody who is hung like a bull talks about it. The girl doesn't know what happened until she can't walk the next morning. Second of all, I make a whole HEAP more than you do, but you will never hear me talking about it (except this one instance). Your attitude wreaks of future line-crosser, if the opportunity ever arose. You may have the worst ME attitude I have ever seen, and we have some of the worst you could imagine at CX. Go back and spend some time with your family....

box

With that attitude in his last post, he's probably the son of a scab.... Would explain how he's "hung".. small d*ck and no balls...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back