Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental scheduling.....gosh, why would you want to work here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can say that again SFR. I thank my lucky stars every day that I turned them down after I hear the PBS horror stories from jumpseaters.

I am all nice and comfy in the left seat of a jet thats faster and nicer than most CAL planes anyway.

Don't get any ideas though, the flowback is gone and you cannot come back. LOL :smash:

Hmm, gear jerker in a 737 or captain in an rj..mm I know which one I like better. LOL :beer:
"With all the retirements, CAL could be the most secure major out there. Also, there is a good chance that CAL will be the highest paid eventually with a new contract.

I hope to be there soon
."

That was a post from Pocono in Feb of 07'

You must lose sleep at night over CAL. It's all you talk about. You were obviously turned down but so were a lot of other people. Just suck it up!

The majors will start hiring again in a few years. Just try again then!

Last edited:
Actually I am a 2005 hire. Lots of XJT guys talk about the scabs and how bad they are... lets face it, I was in 1st grade when the strike happened...like I give a crap about a 1985 scab.

I just don't understand what people complain about at CAL.. Lke I said, I am at 4 weeks and 3 days of no flying, just sitting at home on reserve. I have to meet my daughter for lunch with her kindergarten class in about 30 min. Not a bad deal when I look at my other friends' jobs and they have to show up in order to get paid.

I think a lot of you would complain anywhere. If you don't like working here then quit. CAL is not a prison, you can leave anytime.

No excuses please, just go.

CAL is good and will be good for a lond time.

Are you for real? I'm on the same equipment in the same base but I fly a line(commuter from a city close by). Now I like my schedule right now and am not a huge complainer but you brought this thread up. Please don't sit around acting like this is the greatest thing and stand on the sidelines during negotiations next year when things get heated up just because this all works "for you" as a family guy living in base. Think about more than yourself next year. We already have enough complacent IAH based pilots. We young guys need to help tow the line when we are needed. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I just want to go to work, go home, and not think about issues affecting the pilot group. It would be easy to do with my 16 days off and a 30 minute commute flight home etc. but I chose to stay engaged and you should to. Continental is a good airline but we have one of the worst pilot contracts in the industry. We have the opportunity to change that in the next year making this one of the best jobs in the industry. We have a strong company. All we need is a strong pilot contract.

So what is your complaint about CAL? 16 days off. That is too much work for me, but hey if you don't like it move to IAH.

Maybe I was fired, I don't care, but my paycheck keeps showing up and I did get the email about finishing my ASR CBTs before tomorrow. I guess I should do them.

Either way, I have no complaints here. I can't see anything wrong with CAL. Best schedule I have ever had, biggest paycheck I have had from a flying job.

What else is there?

So what is your complaint about CAL? 16 days off. That is too much work for me, but hey if you don't like it move to IAH.

Maybe I was fired, I don't care, but my paycheck keeps showing up and I did get the email about finishing my ASR CBTs before tomorrow. I guess I should do them.

Either way, I have no complaints here. I can't see anything wrong with CAL. Best schedule I have ever had, biggest paycheck I have had from a flying job.

What else is there?

Please tell me you are not on the negotiating committee....

No, being on the committee would take time from my side job. I am too busy being at home.

Latest resources

Back