• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think so. The head of hiring said the process is entirely paperless......... but it doesn't hurt to pop you head in and say hi.

advancement to iah 737 has been taking 6-9 months.

As a reserve you will fly more like 80-90 hrs a month, not 50! (at least on the 737)

the 757 and 767 is the same pilot sub-base and in EWR very junior (it wouldn't suprise me if new hires were going on it). Expect to be awarded it within 6 months in EWR maybe a year in IAH.

RocketRob said:
advancement to iah 737 has been taking 6-9 months.

As a reserve you will fly more like 80-90 hrs a month, not 50! (at least on the 737)

the 757 and 767 is the same pilot sub-base and in EWR very junior (it wouldn't suprise me if new hires were going on it). Expect to be awarded it within 6 months in EWR maybe a year in IAH.

The new hires are going to the 757. The class that started on Aug. 2 all went 757 EWR.

Swann757 said:
........the Chief pilot in IAH told us yesterday, they are hurting for F/O's so reserves are flying around 50 hours per month.

If that number is even based on real stats then it has to be the system wide average of all the reserves (including the 777 guys that hardly fly and reserves with vacation). The real average is 70-80 hours in IAH, and even more in EWR, for the 737 and 757/767 reserves.

September is the beginning of the fall schedule reduction so the reserves will get a break starting next month and hopefully the continued hiring at 12/wk will reduce the staffing issues before the flying increases again in the spring.

SuperFLUF said:
If that number is even based on real stats then it has to be the system wide average of all the reserves (including the 777 guys that hardly fly and reserves with vacation). The real average is 70-80 hours in IAH, and even more in EWR, for the 737 and 757/767 reserves.

September is the beginning of the fall schedule reduction so the reserves will get a break starting next month and hopefully the continued hiring at 12/wk will reduce the staffing issues before the flying increases again in the spring.

500 new hires by 2007?

miles otoole said:
500 new hires by 2007?

12 per week would equal 624/yr.

This number exceeds the retirements each year so I doubt they will keep that pace indefinitely but with around 1000 retirements through Jan 1, 2010 and some expansion the hiring should continue. Perhaps at a reduced pace after the first of the year.

SuperFLUF said:
12 per week would equal 624/yr.

This number exceeds the retirements each year so I doubt they will keep that pace indefinitely but with around 1000 retirements through Jan 1, 2010 and some expansion the hiring should continue. Perhaps at a reduced pace after the first of the year.

Last word of 16 per week starting with the first class in September and hiring indefinitely for the forseeable future. More airplanes and more international cities coming soon. Get a number if you can all of you.

Latest resources

Back