• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental (new UA) or US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so... if UA and US were both on the table at the same time, which would you pick?

"Whiners?" You Private Lee are a liar sir if you tell anyone you wouldn't whine if they put a 2 month guy ahead of you if you had 16 plus years of service...but I'm guessing you are a young new hire who would love to take my job. Yep I'm a whiner!! The TA with AWA/AAA (the AAA is ALPA id for All American Airways which was the CBA we had then) dictates that the Nic seniorty list becomes affective with the ratification of a contract with the company. A ratification of a contract with us will never happen and a new TA between Airways and AA would create a new "contract" nullifying any proposed earlyer TA. How could our current TA survive in any way with a new corporate controlled merger/aquistion? Anyone out there stupid enough to want to do this job...you might have been lucky...every major airlione is going to retire huge numbers of pilots which means you will have something called "seniority" meaning the date you are hired will control your advancement and all you young pups will be captains in your 30's.
Whiner.

76 seaters? Really? You sure about that? How many Q400s are flying for United Express?
(Of course with the Q400's reliability, the answer is 'not very much').

Sorry, I meant larger RJs. Plenty of E170s and CR7s flying for you, along with a myriad of E145s and CR2s. DL has the same problem. Your Dash's of course are going from Colgan to Republic, as you probably know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I think AA has a lot of pilots that are furloughed. If we merge I would DEMAND that any of those furloughed pilots who were hired there before I was hired that they are put above me on the seniority list. Any questions?

Remember that the 16 year guy was at the bottom of his list and wasn't working at the airline for 16 years. The merger shouldn't green light his launch up the pilot list. The 2 year guy was at the bottom of his list too and should not be stepped on by the newly-recalled furloughee.

And since the whole integration shebang was only going to result in an 18 month delay in movement for the 16 year pilot (at most) was it worth it to fight a 7 year civil war over it? Nicolau got it right. Bradford and his east lemmings didn't.

Remember that the 16 year guy was at the bottom of his list and wasn't working at the airline for 16 years. The merger shouldn't green light his launch up the pilot list. The 2 year guy was at the bottom of his list too and should not be stepped on by the newly-recalled furloughee.

And since the whole integration shebang was only going to result in an 18 month delay in movement for the 16 year pilot (at most) was it worth it to fight a 7 year civil war over it? Nicolau got it right. Bradford and his east lemmings didn't.

Yes it was worth it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back