• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental (new UA) or US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell her to go to the first place that hires her. United, USAirways, Delta, Southwest, UPS, FedEx. Just go. Figure it out later. Don't turn down a job hoping for a "better" one, since 10, 20 years from now the "better" one might be completely different.

Although the East vs West crapola does get old.

good advice

thanks for all the responses

Your group accepted binding arbitration, and then you didn't like the result, so you used the numbers of your group to kick out ALPA. That is shameful. If you do merge with AA, the APA will takeover thanks to your AWA friends helping to vote it in, and you will be out numbered this time. There is no doubt the APA guys will go to arbitration to get a SLI with your two groups (primarily to fence off their larger equipment), and the AWA pilots will probably have people giving those arbitrators the NIC award to review. (Nicelau apparently is a very respected arbitrator, and the others will most likely review it and probably agree with it) I bet it will be reinstated by the eventual arbitrators, and you will have to agree to it this time. We'll all be watching.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Keep your day job GL...

Go with United. USAirways has some REALLY ugly uniforms! : )

But United has not even combined uniforms yet and we don't really know just how ugly ours might be. I saw the first draft of the hat brass and almost puked. Evidently, many others had the same reaction so back to the drawing boards that went. Have not had an update in quite a while.....

My 2 cents, as an RJ CA, I looked into applying to USair when they were hiring recently but my analysis showed that I wouldn't make back the pay cut for at least ten years and that was assuming I upgraded there in that time. You have to include pension, 401K, vacation pay etc etc. And that is not taking into account the cut in Quality of life (although I'd be based at home). Of course they may get an improved contract in the future but so might we.

The calculation for UAL was much better and I feel they'd be more stable too so my decision was NOT to apply at USAIR but I will apply at UAL if they start hiring. I also think that UAL has a good chance of a fair joint contract in the near future.

(of course this all assumes that you're at a "good" regional that isn't furloughing, going bankrupt etc)

Can you supply even a shred of proof to your claim. Didn't think so. Go back to bed.

Get someone to explain J4J to you.

It's in the transcripts of testimony given to Nic, all you have to do is look it up. But that would only be if I believed for one second that you didn't already know this info.

But you know what, I think I would rather go get a root canal than argue this stuff. It's like trying to convince someone that the sky is blue, when they insist its yellow. There is just no point.

You go ahead though, keep on regurgitating your story, I am sure if you repeat it enough you will convince a bunch of 3rd party people that really don't know the whole story, that East pilots really do have tails.

Get someone to explain J4J to you.

What Fr8 was refering to wrt west guys wanting to remove some MDA guys removed has nothing to do with J4J.

But since you're such an expert, why don't you "explain J4J" to us. This should be good, someone who never participated in j4j or had anything to do with the program is going to tell us like it is....

Judging by how this thread digressed into bitter US Air seniority list infighting, I would pick UAL over US Air. As a matter of fact. It seems most threads these days wind up talking about this same subject.

I wouldn't want to constantly listen to all that 'we got screwed' mantra over and over again at the work place. I think the bitterness will be there for quite sometime, and I wouldn't want any part of it.

Good luck. Live in base regardless, and don't take your work home with you....

I don't have a dog in the EAST/WEST BS and I don't really give a rip. I also don't have it affect me at work whatsoever. Only two captains I have flown with had strong opinions on the matter and if they ranted for a bit not at me, I DON'T CARE.

Work where it benefits YOU the most. Don't worry about peripheral BS that doesn't really affect you. Everyone I have flown with on the line has been professional and courteous. The last time I said this several Westicles got bunchy underwear and accused me of being a Kool Aid drinker for the above comments. Feel free to fly that flag again. It just makes them look like sour grape eatin' idiots. For pilots to claim they are happy to let the East Infections remain working under the HORRID LOA 93 contract terms, they sure don't act all happy for the status quo themselves.

That being said, I am cordial and start conversations with West pilots every chance I get. Why would I not? They have been civil as well. When I started FFDO school, the other classmates where suggesting a Fight Club style head to head battle between me and a West pilot. They were hoping for a real floor show! Didn't happen.

Latest resources

Back